• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thumper2336

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Austin
    I'm looking at picking up a good all purpose semiauto shotgun. I dont need it for defense, i want something semiauto that is good for bird, turkey, and deer/pigs. I was thinking something with a 28inch barrel for upland and a rifled barrel for slugs.
    Any advice on a good semi auto that has an easily interchangable barrel or am I looking for a unicorn?
    Hurley's Gold

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The only combo semiautomatic I know of is the

Mossberg 930 Combo Deer/Waterfowl Semi-Auto Shotgun​

Sportsman’s Warehouse lists it for $630.
    The 930 has a pretty good reputation.
    My combo is a Mossberg 500 pump gun. That is saying something coming from a shotgun snob.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking at picking up a good all purpose semiauto shotgun. I dont need it for defense, i want something semiauto that is good for bird, turkey, and deer/pigs. I was thinking something with a 28inch barrel for upland and a rifled barrel for slugs.
    Any advice on a good semi auto that has an easily interchangable barrel or am I looking for a unicorn?

Years back I spent a week in a pickup with the late Bob Ramsland of McAllen, of “Dove Safari” fame. Bob was the largest individual purchaser of shot gun shells, and visited regularly with ammo plant Engineers. With the then-new plastic shot cup ammo, there is no ballistic difference b/t bbls of different lengths over 18”.

Bob said they showed him how their testing was done, and it was very precise. As he didn’t believe at first, they duplicated the measurements and patterns for him and he was convinced.

Bob bought so much ammo that Remington sent him his own rail car full.

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom