• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Good morning, Gents!

My big sister just had a birthday and, I will be building an AR for her between now and Thanksgiving. Getting her a custom engraved stripped ambi-lower from Quentin Tactical in AZ (She's a southpaw and they are local to me). She's getting the Texas flag and "1836" engraved on it.

I'll be getting parts slowly shipped to her so I can assemble it when I visit her in November. The aim is to not break the bank, but have as many Texas-made parts in the rifle as possible.

She wont be doing any competitions or tactical missions with it, just a practice and HD carbine.

Thinking about a CMC Precision trigger, LaRue Tactical A-Peg grip.

Sprinco buffer springs.

Looking for suggestions on buffer tube, weights and small parts made in TX or other good manufacturers.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Here is one, you will need a LH BCG also, Brownells carries them, Stag I believe also makes them.

Many, many thanks!

As someone who shoots ars left handed, save your money. Get standard parts

Please share your experiences, I am highly interested in your perspective. I have a lefty 8 year old and left handed youth rifles are impossible to find. Should I make her shoot right handed?

I have a lefty nephew who is a Marine and supposedly shoots his M4 left handed. I'm assuming it's not specially made and the brass hits him in the face?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Many, many thanks!

Please share your experiences, I am highly interested in your perspective. I have a lefty 8 year old and left handed youth rifles are impossible to find. Should I make her shoot right handed?

I have a lefty nephew who is a Marine and supposedly shoots his M4 left handed. I'm assuming it's not specially made and the brass hits him in the face?

The AR is absurdly lefy friendly, even without any fancy ambi controlls.

As long as you have a brass deflector, empties will sail harmlessly in front of (and away from) your face

If you have an A1 upper, it gets a bit trickier, but you can easily tune ejection patterns

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Did you find a lefty upper, my wifes AR has one, that way the shell doesn’t fly past her face.

I shoot LH and none of my AR's have LH upper's. As long as the upper receiver has a built in shell deflector, the brass will never come anywhere close to the shooters face.

Unless you just want a LH AR receiver, there's no reason to pay more money for a LH upper receiver, and LH bolt.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Many, many thanks!

Don't force her to shoot right handed.

I'm left eye dominant but right handed. I've always shot rifle's and shotgun's LH and it drove my dad and grandfather's nuts. They tried to make me shoot RH, but I couldn't shoot as good as I did LH so they finally gave up.
    There were very few LH rifles available back in the 1970's, so I always shot RH gun's. As a LH shooter, you will learn the fastest and easiest way to cycle the action on a RH firearm.

While I do own many LH rifle's today, I still have many RH rifle's. I've never owned a LH shotgun.
    I also taught / trained myself to shoot right handed 25-30 years ago, so now I shoot either way, and my accuracy is almost the same either way with the same gun.

If you can't find a gun with a youth length stock just buy a spare stock and have it cut down to fit her. Then once she out grows it, you can swap the stock with the original and keep on shooting it.

Top Bottom