Gun Zone Deals

All the recent gun violence is bad for us.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    What is it with these people?! I know there's alot of crazies out there and I know the economy sucks, but this won't make a single thing better. How does murdering senior citizens and police officers going to make anything better for these morons. Especially the guy that shot the cops in Pittsburgh. He's paranoid that new legislation is going to mean the gov. will come sweeping in to "steal" his guns. All he did was make it easier for Obama, Pelosi and the rest of them to come sweeping in as "saviours" of the sheep with harder and harder gun legislation. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. I wish these incidents would start somewhere where a CCW/CHL holder put a stop to it. Atleast then it would show the masses that the majority of gun owners aren't crazy nut jobs and are good to have around. Ofcourse if that did happen they'd probably only give it a fifteen second slot on the news anyways. I suppose it wouldn't make a difference as the "sheep" would listen to what they want to.
    Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I will say this much. In the firearms community, no matter where you look, there are always a lot of idiots like this around us unfortunately. We should all be vigilant in identifying (in our own minds) individuals like this and trying to help them realize it's not the end of the world and there are plenty of peaceful options out there still available to us.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I sure wish his two friends would have kept their mouths shut about that.:banghead:

:( I agree with TXSUT. We all feel bad about these tragic shootings and it just may be me........but.......seems like the media is really using these shootings to impress the fact that the government needs to come take away our guns!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I wish these incidents would start somewhere where a CCW/CHL holder put a stop to it. At least then it would show the masses that the majority of gun owners aren't crazy nut jobs and are good to have around.

+1....I also noticed on another gun forum, where one of the members pointed out that most of these incidents have been taking place in April. Looks like a bunch of crazy copy cat killers.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    We need to bring back paddling in schools.

And in the home, and in the grocery store, and in Wal-Mart...

I've gotten to where I HATE Wal-Mart simply for this reason. The following statement is purely anecdotal, and is in no way meant as a broad generalization, so all you "that's racist!" folks just chill out.

Wal-Mart seems to have become more of an ESL store than most, and I'll relate a visit yesterday as an example of bad parenting (yes, I know this is tangential, but whoopiedoo!). While purchasing a battery for my pickup yesterday afternoon, there were at least five instances where a group of 5 year old and under kids were circling around the shopping cart. The mothers were speaking to each other in Spanish, ignoring the children as they loudly called to their mothers repeatedly. One was eating out of an open box of cereal, and proceeded to dump it on the floor. Others were running up and down aisles, knocking things off shelves. This was happening all over the store. They were all Spanish-speaking families, the kids were destroying the store and the parents weren't the least bit concerned.

So, am I racists for noticing that they were speaking Spanish and, most likely, hispanic? Am I racist for noticing the white, black and children of other races who were tremendously better behaved?

The moral: Spank your children when they need it, no matter what language you speak!!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think a big event often triggers all the others who have been considering the same sort of thing. A disturbed person sees that other event as validation for what they've been considering. Whatever was holding them back up to that point has just been overcome.

People just can't cope with the emotionally difficult things. They don't have faith to turn to, or they have no examples of how to deal with their freak outs. So they lash out. Much like the spoiled little 7yr old. Doesn't get what s/he wants so s/he hits mom, throws tantrums, kicks the dog, etc.

Problem solving skills are pathetically low.

They don't see the trouble they're having as a hurdle to work around. Instead they see it as the complete end of the world.

They don't want to deal with the consequences so they take the "easy" way out.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    So, am I racists for noticing that they were speaking Spanish and, most likely, hispanic? Am I racist for noticing the white, black and children of other races who were tremendously better behaved?

I don't think your racist. I run in to the same rude/ill mannered Hispanics as well. Probably more that you because I am Hispanic. Of course I also see the other's (white & black) misbehaving as well. Especially in the Pasadena & SW Houston Wal-Marts. I believe your correct in what you said, "Spank your children when they need it, no matter what language you speak!!!"

We do, but we also expalin to my 9 yr. old daughter why she got her tail feathers lite up. We’ve explained how sometimes it's difficult to do the right thing (disciplining her), as far as being a good parent. We want her to grow up a considerate, polite, (but don’t take any BS) well mannered lady. That can shoot.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Of course I also see the other's (white & black) misbehaving as well.

Absolutely! As I said, this is not a broad generalization, but one half-hour observation. Kids are kids, no matter what color they are or language they speak. We have a shortage of responsible parents. On this particular occasion, irresponsible parents and their obnoxious kids were all speaking Spanish.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What is it with these people?!

Looks like a bunch of crazy copy cat killers.

I think a big event often triggers all the others who have been considering the same sort of thing. A disturbed person sees that other event as validation for what they've been considering. Whatever was holding them back up to that point has just been overcome.

Ding ding ding! These two answered the OP's question. More on that subject: Suicide Contagion (Clusters)

People just can't cope with the emotionally difficult things. They don't have faith to turn to, or they have no examples of how to deal with their freak outs. So they lash out. Much like the spoiled little 7yr old. Doesn't get what s/he wants so s/he hits mom, throws tantrums, kicks the dog, etc.

I was with you until the "don't have faith to turn to" bit. You don't need to turn to faith. You only have to be not-crazy enough to know that killing a mess of people and then yourself is a bad idea.

I will say this much. In the firearms community, no matter where you look, there are always a lot of idiots like this around us unfortunately.

True of any community, IMO. Some more than others, and again IMO, the firearms community (especially online) has far fewer idiots than the car "enthusiast" community. I had to remove myself from a car forum because the people there were too car ignorant, and preferred to stay that way. Frustrating.

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Especially with the hold on work force raids this administration has in place, and the proposal that all exportation be put on hold for the next year so they can supposedly do a census count.

Please explain how a census count that is used to decide were our tax money needs to be spent, were new congressional lines are to be drawn, and other things important to US citizens would need this information from illegals?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom