0eb04ebbd0830e1de8c082c0c4e63a46.jpg

Keep Calm and RTFU

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well...what could be better than Texas Scotch? IDK. But, this fell a lil bit short. Made in Wakko. Of course marketed as "single malt" because produced oustside of Scotland, cannot be called Scotch. Marketing rules be damned, I wouldn't call this Scotch, anyway.

Expecting Scotch, expect disappointment. I may be a bit of a snob, as my true love is lowland, and this.....( stretching it, may mimick a Highland)......( maybe Highland Mist?)

OK....being a bit cruel here, but, personally, just not Scotch, and really NOT my cup of tea, ( although it's not completely terrible. )

So, I mentioned Highland Mist...kinda my first impression at the first sip. Closest thing I can compare it to.

( A quick clarification: I cannot drink straight whiskey, so, I have to do a little rinse with water, but I keep that delayed as long as possible , and the smallest shot of water possible.)

Sooooo, all that being said.....I was disappointed. But, it ain't half bad. Scotch,...no, but it is an interesting drink. The aftertaste is in a league by itself, and definitely recommended for the adventurous. Not Scotch, but also not something you can pigeon hole into another genres of whisky.

It's good, it's different , and most likely something the likes of which you've never tasted.

The downside : This stuff is priced in the single malt lowland Scotland range. Just a little under $75 out the door .

BUT!!!!!.... If you want a totally unique ( to you , anyway ,) experience, give it a try. 15411339144450.jpg 15411339144450.jpg 15411339144450.jpg

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Todd, after drinking it for awhile, my opinion has changed slightly. It does have scotch overtones. As a Scotch affianato, I prefer a lowland single malt is my preference.

Gliekinchie ( don't hold me to spelling or otherwise , I'm not a big drinker, and there are only 2 distilleries left in Scotland producing a lowland single malt, so figuring it out shouldn't be hard.)

Give it a try.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Todd, after drinking it for awhile, my opinion has changed slightly. It does have scotch overtones. As a Scotch affianato, I prefer a lowland single malt is my preference.

Gliekinchie ( don't hold me to spelling or otherwise , I'm not a big drinker, and there are only 2 distilleries left in Scotland producing a lowland single malt, so figuring it out shouldn't be hard.)

Give it a try.
    I enjoy Scotch occasionally, and with the craziness in the bourbon market over the last few years, I'll probably move back that direction.

Next time I need to fill up on booze, I'll pick up a bottle.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Tincup isn’t bad for what it is, which is a blend of two MGP products then cut with local water to bring it down from barrel proof. Philosophically, I don’t have an issue with MGP, but the Tincup is a non-distiller producer (NDP). Most NDPs (and Tincup is one) try to obscure the fact they don’t distill the spirit.

From their homepage:

5aafa0d1daa1ba866102e0ab628b54cc.jpg

Dig a little deeper and they spill the beans, truthfully; I give them credit for this, but as recently as 2017 they hid this fact. Then a bunch of people got their panties in a wad over NDPs doing this and Tincup came out of the closet, so to speak.

335a432b18a8f5c0d38bb3b02d4d18fd.jpg

In the end, if you enjoy the final product and find it a value at its price point, that’s all that matters.

A.D. Laws is getting better and now that they’ve had time to age and aren’t producing such a young, fresh bourbon.

Attachments

• 5aafa0d1daa1ba866102e0ab628b54cc.jpg
      5aafa0d1daa1ba866102e0ab628b54cc.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 469
    • 335a432b18a8f5c0d38bb3b02d4d18fd.jpg
      335a432b18a8f5c0d38bb3b02d4d18fd.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 477
    Last edited:

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015

For you Scotch drinker here is a handmade here in San Antonio worth your time. Instead of smoking with Peat, they smoke with Mesquite, its a single Malt, its unique and different and of great taste. Made by Ranger Creek Distillery. They make some of the best drinking whiskey I have every had, this is top shelf stuff. https://drinkrangercreek.com/whiskey/

I found the Ranger Creek .36 bourbon was really smooth and delicious.

Top Bottom