• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    As I said, I don't do whiskey, but I'd like to have a bottle of "good stuff" for occasions when folks like y'all show up.
    Ya know, a shot or two, or a decent mixer while I have my beer.
    I'm listening.
    If you want a good Texas whiskey, Rebecca Creek is nice.

Nothing wrong with Bulliet, Buffalo Trace, Wellers, or Forresters.

If you want something Euro, a good Irish whisky is Green Spot.

Sunatory from Japan is very good.

And finally, hard to not include good old Jack Daniels…it is just such an iconic company and the whiskey is plenty good.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Momma brought this home. It is fine and tasty, a cousin of Booker’s above from the Beam Distillery.

54528fea0bc87ebbe54dd6e4eb2e6d88.jpg

It’s funny that I hate Beam because it’s so syrupy, but Knob Creek, Booker’s, and Basil Hayden are much more enjoyable. I still need to try Baker’s to see if it’s more like the premiums.

Have you tried the Beam Black? It is pretty good. I’m not a big fan of the white label but the Black is nice. Devils Cut is good too. I keep Beam Black and Jack #7 for folks who want to drink with a mixer.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Havent had much of the brown stuff in a while but the wife got me a bottle of glenfiddich 12 for father's day. It's not the greatest I've had but sure is good for the price.

Sunatory from Japan is very good.

I'll keep an eye out for that one. Never had a Japanese whiskey before

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I know I'm not the only one here that loves that sweet brown nectar.

Here in Houston a whiskey bar called Reserve 101 had their 10 year anniversary back in Jan. I got these 2 pours for $10 each. Yep, the one on the left is Glenfiddich 40. It was just cool to order it. At retail of $3,500 a bottle, I don't think I'll be tasting it again anytime soon. I actually preferred the 21 and that can be had for about $180.
    View attachment 131703

Here's my dusty "collection". Yellow Rose is no longer a part of it.
    View attachment 131704
    I am on a made in Texas kick. Try Jacob Weldon whiskey distilled in Cleburne.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I am on a made in Texas kick. Try Jacob Weldon whiskey distilled in Cleburne.
    Best TX whiskey I’ve had is Garrison Brothers. They make it from scratch using TX grown grains. It’s excellent but spendy. Definitely not made for mixing with cola or anything…just a couple drops of water or a couple ice cubes and sip to enjoy!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I very seldom drink whiskey anymore. Last bottle of W.L. Weller Special Reserve, lasted me over ten years!

I stick with Weller, simply because it's known bourbon for me, that I have drank for many years, and I do enjoy it's flavor. So if and when I purchase a bottle, I am going to go for what I know I'll enjoy.

I would love to try out other bourbons for a difference in flavor and quality though. This thread is probably as close as I can get!

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I very seldom drink whiskey anymore. Last bottle of W.L. Weller Special Reserve, lasted me over ten years!

I stick with Weller, simply because it's known bourbon for me, that I have drank for many years, and I do enjoy it's flavor. So if and when I purchase a bottle, I am going to go for what I know I'll enjoy.

I would love to try out other bourbons for a difference in flavor and quality though. This thread is probably as close as I can get!
    Everyonce in a while I buy some airplane bottles of different items to see if I will like a bourbon. I actually sampled some jefferson last time I was at spces. to me it was not worth the Price.
    Balcones has released a Whisky that uses the same mash bill as shiner bock. I will most likely try that

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Everyonce in a while I buy some airplane bottles of different items to see if I will like a bourbon. I actually sampled some jefferson last time I was at spces. to me it was not worth the Price.
    Balcones has released a Whisky that uses the same mash bill as shiner bock. I will most likely try that
    This one?

I have yet to taste it and it may be a while... I still have 1/3 of a six-pack in my fridge that I bought back in September...
    4bc7bc4a9b5e3831e421c76c890b4422.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

TheCanadianOne

Before anything.....Coffee first!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    If I want a Whiskey to have at the ready without having to worry about dropping a lot of cash, I usually end up going with a Canadian Whiskey from Specs like Canadian Mist.

That being said, when I want to have a level of enjoyment with what I drink, depending on availability it comes down to Basil Haydens or Horse Soldier bourbon. I'm hoping at some point soon to try out some Hooten Young!

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    This one?

I have yet to taste it and it may be a while... I still have 1/3 of a six-pack in my fridge that I bought back in September...
    4bc7bc4a9b5e3831e421c76c890b4422.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I will have to pick this one up. I'm a huge Balcones fan. I have a bar filled with their products

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom