• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I like Allen West, but his not being a native is a point against him for me.

That he's flirted with the idea of #TEXIT puts him a point up...

Obviously, there will be a primary, and I only hope that contest will not create an opportunity for the DemonRats. I'd be more comfortable with West if he was running for an open office.
    Capitol Armory ad

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I like Abbott and West. Why should I switch from Abbott to West? Two good guys running against each other in the primary is bad news.
    Last time I donated to West he lost in Florida. My donations tend to be the kiss of death.

Harry_Gorilla

Dis-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2021
    Living on Airplanes
    I'm conservatively optimistic. Greg GrAbbott has done some despicable things regarding the Wuhan, but has done great w.r.t. abortion and 2A. I've always thought highly of Allen West, but I need to get more informed to make a good decision on my position.

Where's he from?

Born February 7, 1961 in Atlanta, GA, 7 months after me, in the same hospital.

I met him about 6 weeks ago while he visited my office. Incredibly nice man. Not sure what he had under the coat, but appeared to be a mid-frame semi-auto.

20210514_135913.jpg
    [

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I like him over a car salesman, sorry @Rhino .

That said all in the primary will get an equal look from me. The more choice the better. Who can beat the dem is important.

I'll tell you, I would rather see him as LT Gov in the TX system, but I get that he has bigger goals. That's something I will consider too. It could be good or bad.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I like him over a car salesman, sorry @Rhino .

That said all in the primary will get an equal look from me. The more choice the better. Who can beat the dem is important.

I'll tell you, I would rather see him as LT Gov in the TX system, but I get that he has bigger goals. That's something I will consider too. It could be good or bad.

You don’t have to be sorry. This does seem like potentially a better option. Need to look over his record.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You don’t have to be sorry. This does seem like potentially a better option. Need to look over his record.

From what I have seen, read and heard from him, and about him, he has a pretty good record to stand on.

I'd put more faith and trust in West than a used car salesman, or an actor any day of the week.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    “Carpet baggers” from Georgia;
    Albert Calvin Grimes, William Wells, Manson Shied, Edwin T. Mitchell, and William T. Malone.

“Carpet baggers from Tennessee ;
    Micajah Autry
    Joseph Bayless
    John Blair
    Samuel B. Blair
    James Bowie
    Robert Campbell
    David Crockett
    Squire Daymon
    William Deardorf
    Almeron Dickinson
    John H. Dillard
    John H. Dillard, Nashville
    James L. Ewing
    James Girard Garrett
    John M. Hayes
    Charles M. Heiskell,
    William Marshall
    Albert Martin
    William Mills
    Andrew M. Nelson
    James Robertson
    James M. Rose
    Andrew H. Smith
    Joshua G. Smith
    A. Spain Summerlin
    William E. Summers.
    William Taylor
    John W. Thomson
    Burke Trammel
    Asa Walker,
    Jacob Walker,
    Joseph G. Washington.

Allen West is in good company.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'm conservatively optimistic. Greg GrAbbott has done some despicable things regarding the Wuhan, but has done great w.r.t. abortion and 2A. I've always thought highly of Allen West, but I need to get more informed to make a good decision on my position.

Where's he from?
    I agree, want to read/hear his platform before voting for him. I already think that he is a great guy!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What has been his legislative history on the 2A?
    Well you will have to dig for that related to specific Bills.

Nra board member, still IIRC, who wants wayne gone who thinks gun control equal tyranny.

Never heard of anything but top ratings by pro gun groups.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I'm not at all sure about him. For one, he seems like a politician in search of an office. Why did he come to Texas?

Secondly, in a war setting maybe "the end justifies the means" to a degree but in the civilian world that doesn't cut it. For me.

Reactions: gll

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Here's an excerpt from his Wiki page, for those who don't click..

West was charged with violating Articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. During a hearing held as part of an Article 32 investigation in November 2003, West stated, "I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers."[22] The charges were ultimately referred to an Article 15 proceeding rather than court-martial, at which West was fined $5,000.[21] West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits as a lieutenant colonel in the summer of 2004. Asked if he would act differently under similar circumstances, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."[22] At his hearing, West said that there were no ambushes against American forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post a month later.[22] After West's retirement he received more than 2,000 letters and e-mails offering him moral support.[21] A letter supporting West was signed by 95 members of the U.S. Congress and sent to the Secretary of the Army.[21]

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Quite apart from what part it should play, with race being such a hot issue, how would West's race play in the election, and especially against the potential DemonRat contenders?

Does he have the ability to draw minority DemonRat voters?

I can imagine Abbott losing to a blue wave, would West be a better candidate on that count, or is a Republican governorship secure regardless of candidate?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Quite apart from what part it should play, with race being such a hot issue, how would West's race play in the election, and especially against the potential DemonRat contenders?

Does he have the ability to draw minority DemonRat voters?

I can imagine Abbott losing to a blue wave, would West be a better candidate on that count, or is a Republican governorship secure regardless of candidate?

The lefties will step on their dicks to call him an Uncle Tom and show themselves for the racists they are. They will try to attack him over his Article 15 - but anyone who actually gives a damn about our country or our soldiers will see what he did was right, even if his methods were wrong.

But if they're running a white male candidate for governor, against Allen West - Mr. West can play the race card in a smooth way - trumpeting that he would be the first black governor of the state, and it would honor the memories of the black men who founded the Texas Republican Party after the proclamation that became Juneteenth.

I've read that there were notions to float Lina Hildago as a gubernatorial candidate - because her puppet masters aren't content with fucking up Harris County, and I guess they are ready to open their deep pockets up deeper in an attempt to seat her there. Worse yet - since the Lt Gov is a more powerful piece - they could focus on getting her, or Beto, or whoever to the Lt Gov position instead of Governor.

The only candidate floated who I think could pull off an honest "blue wave" in Texas would be Hollywood. "Fast Times: Austin" could be the campaign slogan. Non-politicals would vote for him out of name recognition, not giving a damn or knowing anything about his leanings. Lefties vote as a bloc - so whoever is on the ballet, even if its a potato smuggled in from Guatemala, would get their vote.

I would love to see the backlash if/when the lefties try to smear Allen West based on his race.

Top Bottom