Target Sports

ALLOW Push Notification Message Keeps Popping Up...Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I keep posting" NEVER SHOW ME THIS AGAIN"...yet, it keeps re-appearing like jock itch...NEVER doesn't mean every time I open the fk-ing forum I'm forced to see, Allow Push Notification!!
    Venture Surplus ad

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I keep posting" NEVER SHOW ME THIS AGAIN"...yet, it keeps re-appearing like jock itch...NEVER doesn't mean every time I open the fk-ing forum I'm forced to see, Allow Push Notification!!
    I have the same exact problem happening this spring. Been happening for weeks and if I click on "Never ask again", the "never" lasts maybe a week and then I am harassed again.
    I do allow cookies from this site.
    Why does this popup keep randomly coming back?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have the same exact problem happening this spring. Been happening for weeks and if I click on "Never ask again", the "never" lasts maybe a week and then I am harassed again.
    I do allow cookies from this site.
    Why does this popup keep randomly coming back?
    I have the same issue, have cookies enabled, but keeps coming back like herpes from a $10 hooker.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I still keep getting the push notification banner once in a while (every few weeks, it seems).
    Any idea on how to fix it? I always select "Never ask again" but that isn't true, it asks again.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    It seems to set a cookie; if the cookie is deleted, it asks again.
    So why does the cookie keep getting deleted? Using FireFox, I get asked to allow push notifications approximately every week. I do not delete cookies on this webpage. I never have to re-login. I am always logged in so the webpage seems to keep the cookies just fine. Yet, this notification popup appears periodically. Can someone look into it? It doesn't seem that I am in it alone.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    You can see that I am logged in (automatically) but the popup still appears. Is that cookie from the same domain or a different one?

Attachments

• TGT_Notifications_Popup.jpg
      TGT_Notifications_Popup.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 14

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So why does the cookie keep getting deleted? Using FireFox, I get asked to allow push notifications approximately every week. I do not delete cookies on this webpage. I never have to re-login. I am always logged in so the webpage seems to keep the cookies just fine. Yet, this notification popup appears periodically. Can someone look into it? It doesn't seem that I am in it alone.
    Same thing happens to me on Chrome and Brave browsers about every 2 weeks or so. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Same thing happens to me on Chrome and Brave browsers about every 2 weeks or so. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.
    I agree with you, only a minor annoyance. However, being an engineer with OCD, it bugs me because if should not be happening to begin with. And my OCD is screaming at me to nag people to fix it. :)

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    It's likely your browser settings. It can be any of a number things but unlikely it's the website. What kind of train do you drive?
    "Train"? Never heard that expression, I am probably too old for it. :)
    I use FF with all latest updates. And just today again, I had to choose "never" as an option.
    One's got to wonder what kind of a cookie setting it is when "never" expires after a week. LOL
    I'm just gonna live with it. Not going to try a different browser or reinstall FF.

Top Bottom