• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Im in the same boat. The majority of the notifications I'm getting Austin and surrounding seem to be 3007 signs so legally they won't impact me. Still won't spend a dime in there simply cause I have no desire to support folks who don't support me. Screw them.

Most of mine are Houston vs. Austin actually.

Lets see if it starts to slacken off now.

On the flip side: while walking doggie yesterday passed PoPo while concealed. Was thinking and realized didn't have to worry about that I could OC right on past. It was an energizing feeling.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Just pointing out that because of some clownish behavior on the part of some, there are now over 2,000 places we can't carry that were not posted on 12/31. Not all are 30.06, but almost half of them are. By contrast that is a twentyfold increase in posted places from November and a tenfold increase from December.

The juggling midgets did not take into account the backlash from their antics, and that backlash is, we have 2,000 less places we can carry and that number is growing.
    But there are still thousands of places you can carry......we get it, the asshats at OCT are in fact asshats! Personally my experiences with OC have been overwhelmingly positive and I live behind enemy lines in commie Austin!

While I have seen places posted 30.07 while concealed I have had ZERO increase in 30.06 encounters preventing me from going in somewhere!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    But there are still thousands of places you can carry......we get it, the asshats at OCT are in fact asshats! Personally my experiences with OC have been overwhelmingly positive and I live behind enemy lines in commie Austin!

While I have seen places posted 30.07 while concealed I have had ZERO increase in 30.06 encounters preventing me from going in somewhere!

From the linked thread these are just the new 30.06 postings.

October: 19 new entries
    November: 14 new entries
    December: 68 new entries
    January: 801 new entries

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    From the linked thread these are just the new 30.06 postings.

October: 19 new entries
    November: 14 new entries
    December: 68 new entries
    January: 801 new entries

Yes....in the ENTIRE state of Texas which is pretty darn big!

As I said, I have had no increase in the number of times I've had to turn around because of an 06 sign.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yup I'm sure!

And I don't spend much time hanging out at gas stations so all clear there!

And here are just the reported gas stations in Texas. All but 5 were posted after 1/1. These are just reported ones. If you fill up at any chain on this list, they are likely posted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As I have said....twice now I think.....I haven't had to turn around because of an 06 sign once since open carry became law!
    Fair enough. Where do you tend to fill up? I have listed the places that actively do not want your money, help a brother out.;)

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Just pointing out that because of some clownish behavior on the part of some, there are now over 2,000 places we can't carry that were not posted on 12/31. Not all are 30.06, but almost half of them are. By contrast that is a twentyfold increase in posted places from November and a tenfold increase from December.

The juggling midgets did not take into account the backlash from their antics, and that backlash is, we have 2,000 less places we can carry and that number is growing.

Sorry Hoji I just don't see any proof at all that juggling midgets had anything to do with it. It's an assumption on your part because you don't care for their behavior and want everyone to exercise their right in a manner you approve of. I know you say you've talked to many businesses who claim to have posted due to clownish behavior, I say maybe a few but I say the rest are just "coming out of the closet". What do you expect them to say? "Yeah I'm an anti-gun Liberal"? Be real, they are just jumping on a convenient excuse, the juggling midgets didn't shoot anyone, for the most part didn't break any laws but as an excuse goes it seems handier than actually taking responsibility for their choice. Before it was out of sight, out of mind but now with OC they are forced to make a choice. I'm good with it, at least I know were they stand now and can make my purchasing decisions accordingly.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    And here are just the reported gas stations in Texas. All but 5 were posted after 1/1. These are just reported ones. If you fill up at any chain on this list, they are likely posted.
    From I've read, and what I've seen personally in a couple of interactions, it seems like, here in Houston at least, the Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association is to blame for the sign increase. They're sending them out and the store owners are blindly putting them up. One of the owners I've talked to even told me that they had no clue about the signs and that they believed that law abiding citizens should have the right to carry any and everywhere.
    Are you sure? These are just the reported gas stations in Austin.
    https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?...ation&address=&city=Austin&restriction_type=+

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sorry Hoji I just don't see any proof at all that juggling midgets had anything to do with it. It's an assumption on your part because you don't care for their behavior and want everyone to exercise their right in a manner you approve of. I know you say you've talked to many businesses who claim to have posted due to clownish behavior, I say maybe a few but I say the rest are just "coming out of the closet". What do you expect them to say? "Yeah I'm an anti-gun Liberal"? Be real, they are just jumping on a convenient excuse, the juggling midgets didn't shoot anyone, for the most part didn't break any laws but as an excuse goes it seems handier than actually taking responsibility for their choice. Before it was out of sight, out of mind but now with OC they are forced to make a choice. I'm good with it, at least I know were they stand now and can make my purchasing decisions accordingly.
    Except I am not the only one who has had these conversations. If someone's only exposure to OC is CJ, Kory and their sycophants parading around like clowns and throwing tantrums, then that is what they are going to base their decisions on as far as what is permitted in their place of business.

How many people base their opinions on Muslims based on what they see on television? How many people base their opinions on gays based on footage of pride events?

My my argument is based on what I have been told, ( and what others that post here)in face to face conversations, by owners and managers of businesses. Your retort is " they must be lying". That is the only thing you come up with.

Who has the weak ass argument here?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    From I've read, and what I've seen personally in a couple of interactions, it seems like, here in Houston at least, the Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association is to blame for the sign increase. They're sending them out and the store owners are blindly putting them up. One of the owners I've talked to even told me that they had no clue about the signs and that they believed that law abiding citizens should have the right to carry any and everywhere.
    But if the sign is up, whether or not the attendant/ manager has a clue, it carries the weight of law.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Fair enough. Where do you tend to fill up? I have listed the places that actively do not want your money, help a brother out.;)
    Its a shell station on William Cannon....I check regularly and haven't seen any signs as of yet! I also never go inside so it could be somewhere that I'm missing but if it is then it isnt legally posted!

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I have talked to several of the managers at the local gas stations i USED to frequent. I uave heard everything from "it scares the customers" to (and this was from the owner of a large majority of the larger gas stations in the area), "i dont want to get robbed" where is the bang head against a brick wall smiley??? And no, he was having no discussion about the realities of the signs only affecting law abiding citizens.

I do know that out of the 13 easily accessable gas stations between my house and work, there are only 5 left who havent posted either 30.06 or 30.07. 7 posted both signs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Bah, I wouldn't believe those well rehearsed statements at all. Its the fourth largest city in the nation, someone without a sign somewhere close by will sell you whatever it is you need to buy.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Hoji -

HEB didn't post their gas stations, did they? Costco didn't. :)

Costco sells Top Tier fuel for the same or lower cost than HEB(significantly lower for 93 octane, usually). HEB tries to SELL you(at a phenomenal price) the additives and cleaners that TOP TIER fuel already has(and that's IF the HEB additives are what they say they are!). I would choose Costco over HEB fuel 99 times out of 99...just sayin'.

How the heck do you post a self-serve, open-air venue like a gas station with a dozen pumps on a half-dozen islands?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom