Gun Zone Deals

Almost bought one of these... Wondering why I didn't.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    50580%20resized.jpg

Mossberg 500A "Cruiser" - 20" barrel, pistol grip, 7+1 capacity, pump action 12 ga.

I try to steer away from aesthetics, but something about this damn gun called to me at Academy (despite it's relatively expensive price tag, in my opinion, for what you're getting) - $329 for the gun pictured above, complete with heat shield, but with what appeared to be Parkerized 'carbon fiber' stock & grip.

What can I say, it was somehow sexy...

Not to start a fanboy war here, but I turned down a Mossberg Maverick in favor of the H&R "Pardner Pump" (870 clone.) Wasn't happy about the "Made in China" stamp on it, but it honestly felt like a more solid, & well-made piece than the entry-level Maverick (both the same price, mind you.)

I still want to snag one of the Mossberg 500 series, which, I understand is a step above their entry-level models.

Anybody have one of these, and any feedback on 'em?

RCP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Little Elm, TX
    I have the pardner protector. Been a great gun so far, no complaints, as a matter of fact I'm working on adding a few accessories to mine at the moment.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    How ironic. My buddy called me from academy and told me about a Mav88 he had his eye on. He changed his mind and picked up a 500A Cruiser just like the one you described, same price, and with the carbon fiber camo on the pump and grip. We took it to the range and it shot great. We are going to the shop today to pick up a surefire, side saddle and pistol foregrip.

Infamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    i prefer shotguns with stocks. i also have a norinco 870 clone, the parkerized model with the ghost rings. it feels like it functions smoother than my 870 express and any of the mossberg 88/500s ive handled

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    I still might go back there tomorrow and see if they still have it in stock.

The only other shotgun I have (and I like a shoulder stock, as well) is my H&R "Pardner Pump" 870 clone.

12%20ga%202.jpg

I debated long and hard about that one - it was right next to the Mossberg 500, and for the same price. I had my reservations about buying a gun made in China, but upon handling both of them, it seemed to me that the H&R was of a higher quality, and have been quite happy with it ever since. It's a damn fine gun, and since the patent ran out on the 870, and this seems to be more-or-less a direct copy, I'm wondering if accessories for the Remington will fit it (magazine extension, etc.)

I'm excited about the Mossberg Cruiser, though - I understand it's quality is of higher specifications than it's entry-level "Maverick" line (which was the direct competetor to the gun I bought.)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom