Almost Darwin award winner

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Oldfalguy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oldfalguy

Oldfalguy Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The officer came to Rodriguez’ second-floor apartment in the 12100 block of N. Interstate 35 answering a 911 hang-up called placed at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday, the affidavit said. The officer knocked and through a window saw the suspect coming to the door, the affidavit said.

The officer identified himself from outside the door as an Austin police officer. When the suspect opened the door, he pointed a chrome pistol at the officer’s face and pulled the trigger, the affidavit said.

When the suspect’s gun didn’t fire, the officer stepped back, drew his service handgun and raised it to fire. The suspect dropped his handgun and repeatedly yelled that the gun wasn’t real, the affidavit said.

After arresting Rodriguez, the officer examined the handgun, which was a replica of a revolver with a metal plate built into it to keep the hammer from striking the bullets in the cylinder, according to the affidavit.

Rodriguez is being held on $40,000 bail, court records show.

Don't know diddly about replica pistol that one can even insert ammunition but this guy should be taking a dirt nap but then the ______ community would surely be hollering racism at the APD no matter the provocation -

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Talk about pucker factor on the behalf of the Officer. He showed extreme amounts of restraint and control not mag dumping this poor excuse of a human being.

With any luck this guy was given the full treatment on the way to booking, as he fully earned it.

3. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I think I'd call that suicide by cop.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Forest Gump said it best ' Stupid is as stupid does"

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    That's plain old f'd up.

6. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    wow.
    maybe he was done with life and wanted his family to get rich with a wrongful death lawsuit.
    now they are 40,000 int he hole.
    ive got 10 bucks says the charges don't stick though.

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    wow

8. TxSgt1911

TxSgt1911 New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    The original story in the Statesman read "Man Fires Gun In Police Officer's Face". Then the article went on to say it was a non-firing replica. So my reaction went from "holy sh*t!" to "what a bunch of dumbass morons" in about 2 seconds.

9. Army 1911

Army 1911 Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I am all in favor of Darwin Awards and know several people who I wish would nominate themselves.

10. Parker

Parker Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Buda, TX
    I'll have to check the statesman for a follow-up on this article. This would definitely be something that gets brought up if the perpetrator gets the charges dropped.