• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    "A well regulated militia being necessary for a free state." That is definitely up for interpretation, at least in my mind.
    And the right to bear arms is not a God-given right. Can't find that in the Bible anywhere.
    With that being said, and I know many or most on this forum are already seething with rage if they have read this far, I am not a fan of unlicensed carry in Texas. The current system works well. Very well in my mind. Carry permit holders, as a class, are the most law-abiding group of citizens in the state statistically. When I encounter an open carry person, it is highly likely in my mind that the person has passed a couple of background checks when he bought his/her firearm and when he/her obtained their carry permit and likely a few times in between. Of course there is not guarantee of such or that the person is legally carrying his firearm on his hip. But I will imagine or hope for the better.

The founding fathers made it very clear the meaning and intent of the 2nd amendment. please read the Federalist papers. The Bill of rights/Constitution do not grant our rights, nor does man or government. Our rights, are unalienable and inherent. Another issue I have is having to pay for a right. Pay for finger printing, pay for permit, pay for classes, and using my free time to take a class. What other right do we have where we pay for a permit or classes? Voting? 1st amendment? Its not fair for those who cannot go through the class. Disabled, elderly. My wife, can shoot very well, but due to heart condition cannot make it through a class due to stanima issues. but she should be allowed to carry when she goes somewhere...also, situations may crop up unexpectedly such as an ex husband, boyfriend, stalker, and there may not be time to wait....Just because the system works, doesn't make it good. Honestly, the classes are a joke and in no way qualify as training. We can already carry long guns now, but you do not mention that...where do you stand on that out of curiosity? If this does not pass, I would like to see en masse people carry their long guns. Ar-15's , 30-30's, 30-o6, .50 cals. I came from mississippi, there have been zero issues from this law, as well as the other 20 states. no issues. Remember, the bad guys are already carrying their firearms, no training, no permit and no background check.

Dear I support the 2nd Amendment - Butt.

You do realize, of course you do, that most mass shootings in recent history were carried out with legally acquired firearms - Right? Sooooo... what's that leave us with? I'm thinking a criminal carried out the shootings - not the gun. It's a pretty well documented fact that criminals aren't really concerned with laws, well until they get caught anyway. And most not even then.

LTC class range time was never intended to be firearms training... Competency qualification.
    Gun Zone Deals

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dear I support the 2nd Amendment - Butt.

You do realize, of course you do, that most mass shootings in recent history were carried out with legally acquired firearms - Right? Sooooo... what's that leave us with? I'm thinking a criminal carried out the shootings - not the gun. It's a pretty well documented fact that criminals aren't really concerned with laws, well until they get caught anyway. And most not even then.

LTC class range time was never intended to be firearms training... Competency qualification.
    New guy. Looks like he was quoting the OP, but didn’t know to just hit “reply” to quote as opposed to doing the cut and paste.
    Read the bottom half of the post and it appears that he is on the correct side of “Shall not be infringed”

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I think he was quoting the op there.
    New guy. Looks like he was quoting the OP, but didn’t know to just hit “reply” to quote as opposed to doing the cut and paste.
    Read the bottom half of the post and it appears that he is on the correct side of “Shall not be infringed”
    So it appears. I stand corrected.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah... I read that as well and was a bit confused as to the OP's intent. But.... In keeping with TGT traditions I figured I'd lower the hammer jest in case!

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    I've passed multiple deep dive security investigations from the Department of Defense and Department of State, as well as the background check to get my LTC, so how many more times do I have to "prove myself worthy" of the "privilege" of being "allowed" to own, carry or possess a firearm for my own protection?

The Second Amendment is not written in vague, ambivalent language, despite the best efforts of modern "scholars" to interpret the wording so. It says what it means and means what it says. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to build a case for taking even MORE of your civil liberties away, "for your protection."

The hue and cry over permitless carry is just so much ill-informed hogwash. As has been stated before, why should we, the law-abiding citizens, bear the burden of "proving ourselves worthy," paying money, going through retarded classes and undergoing background checks to be afforded the "privilege" of using the same rights that every criminal gets for free?

If permitless carry was really the problem, then none of our ancestors in this country would have survived to produce later generations.

Look elsewhere for the root cause of violence, because permitless carry and an armed citizenry isn't it.

Asymmetrical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here is a suggestion for how our gun laws, regulations and ordinances should be crafted:

Seek the opinions of experts in the field. Real experts, who have a demonstrable history of experience, skill and practical knowledge.

If someone can demonstrate a higher level of knowledge, skill and ability with a firearm than I can (and that will take some doing), then I would be willing to at least listen to their point of view on this subject, even if I disagreed with it.

If said person could or cannot demonstrate a higher level of KSAs on this subject, then they have nothing of any measurable worth to add to the conversation as far as I'm concerned, and I will therefore disregard whatever they have to say, and will not comply with whatever rules they cook up in their hysteria.

Guns are the only category of consumer product in which we leave the regulation and governance to non-experts such as pant-shitting politicians, hysterical activists and hack journalists. It's time to change that.

Asymmetrical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    I remember a time when I was allowed to open carry and did so, and that was in California. Without a permit. The good old days.

I carried for many years before we even had such things as permits in Mississippi, and no one, including myself, died.

The current year hysteria over simple things like this is telling of a society that lacks validation, meaning or purpose in the lives of its individual members.

Too many people are now inventing, from whole cloth, a whole new host of solutions in search of problems, all because their dull, meaningless lives are empty of anything fine, good or worth remembering.

Americans tend to be the softest, weakest, FATTEST, most entitled people on earth, and they love to be righteously indignant 24 hours a day over trivial bullshit that they saw on the Internet.

I would suggest taking a break from the worthless social media and entertainment venues that rule the lives of everyone throughout the land, and go actually DO SOMETHING, preferably outdoors, and even better, requiring some measurable level of physical effort.

Kill your television, dump social media, then turn off your phone, and you will live a happier, more productive life in every metric, guaranteed.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Here is a suggestion for how our gun laws, regulations and ordinances should be crafted:

Seek the opinions of experts in the field. Real experts, who have a demonstrable history of experience, skill and practical knowledge.

If someone can demonstrate a higher level of knowledge, skill and ability with a firearm than I can (and that will take some doing), then I would be willing to at least listen to their point of view on this subject, even if I disagreed with it.

If said person could or cannot demonstrate a higher level of KSAs on this subject, then they have nothing of any measurable worth to add to the conversation as far as I'm concerned, and I will therefore disregard whatever they have to say, and will not comply with whatever rules they cook up in their hysteria.

Guns are the only category of consumer product in which we leave the regulation and governance to non-experts such as pant-shitting politicians, hysterical activists and hack journalists. It's time to change that.
    Say what???? WTH would you involve a "GUN Experts". What "higher knowledge" would you suggest is required? Who, exactly would "YOU" listen to. How about we read the U.S. Constitution and interpret it correctly and apply it as written - problem solved. How about a Constitutional expert... How many of those have we seen come and go? Your post I replied to actually makes little to no sense.

ETA: Just read your most recent post.... Your thoughts really.... really... need a little more incubation time.

Asymmetrical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    It would be nice if folks would stay on TGT. After all, we do emphasize in-person meetups around here. But if you really want to follow your own advice, it's certainly not up to me to persuade you otherwise.

I don't consider discussion forums to be the same as the current year concept of social media, as y'all aren't doing heavy data-mining and low-level surveillance on the membership, like they do in FB-Land.

Asymmetrical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    Say what???? WTH would you involve a "GUN Experts". What "higher knowledge" would you suggest is required? Who, exactly would "YOU" listen to. How about we read the U.S. Constitution and interpret it correctly and apply it as written - problem solved. How about a Constitutional expert... How many of those have we seen come and go? Your post I replied to actually makes little to no sense.

Read what I said more carefully.

Explain how expecting a reasonable level of knowledge on a given subject from anyone who presumes to make the rules for that given subject is a bad thing.

Incidentally, given the hysterical outburst you just posted, I'd very likely strike you from the list of people I would listen to.

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    And the right to bear arms is not a God-given right. Can't find that in the Bible anywhere.

The Master Himself instructed His people to carry their swords. And He said that if we didn't have one, sell something and buy one.

Freedom is a God-given right. And in order to maintain and defend our freedom, we must have our sword handy, or our gun.
    If we allow a king, or our government to "allow" us the right to bear arms, then that king or gvt can take that right away from us with any political climate, or storm.
    This land was won by the regular people that own frearms, and were willing to use them. This land is feared by other nations, not merely because of our military, but because of the countless men, women, and children, that possess firearms today, and are willing to defend this land. from enemies without, and libtards within.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    popcorn1.jpeg

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The Master Himself instructed His people to carry their swords. And He said that if we didn't have one, sell something and buy one.

Freedom is a God-given right. And in order to maintain and defend our freedom, we must have our sword handy, or our gun.
    If we allow a king, or our government to "allow" us the right to bear arms, then that king or gvt can take that right away from us with any political climate, or storm.
    This land was won by the regular people that own frearms, and were willing to use them. This land is feared by other nations, not merely because of our military, but because of the countless men, women, and children, that possess firearms today, and are willing to defend this land. from enemies without, and libtards within.

Better yet explain why we need more laws about a natural right.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Read what I said more carefully.

Explain how expecting a reasonable level of knowledge on a given subject from anyone who presumes to make the rules for that given subject is a bad thing.

Incidentally, given the hysterical outburst you just posted, I'd very likely strike you from the list of people I would listen to.

Oh I read what your wrote just fine. We're discussing, I think, an 2nd Amendment issue. You hop up in say "let's get SME's involved"(ok so I paraphrased)... Nothing wrong with getting SME's involved on a given subject 'cept that nasty o'l 2nd Amendment is pretty simple. "Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear but if you want to drag in an SME to make it mo' clear for you be my guest.

Kill your television, dump social media, then turn off your phone, and you will live a happier, more productive life in every metric, guaranteed.

LOL... yeah and get blindsided when the looney Left strips you of every right you ever thought you had. Ignorance is not bliss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom