• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Powers been out for 3 hours. We got all the windows open cause it was getting stuffy. Everyones asleep except me (i dont sleep till 5amish). I did a press check on my pistol and now have it in arms reach.

Am i too on edge? I feel like im.paranoid. But i realize the entire area is without power.
    Target Sports

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Are you sitting on the couch, in the dark, playing on the phone? The light from the screen is silhouetting you! Roll crawl damn it! LOL! Being paranoid and ready is always better than a slack ass.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Are you sitting on the couch, in the dark, playing on the phone? The light from the screen is silhouetting you! Roll crawl damn it! LOL! Being paranoid and ready is always better than a slack ass.

thats pretty much what i was doing. power came back on after over 4 hours. i watched apartment 143 on my laptop (youtube the trailer, prolly not the best thing to watch at night with no power). after it was over i saw my laptop had an hour of battery and my phone was full, so i got in bed and was reading. Then i heard a crack and a house alarm a few streets over. i decided the 3 feet away the gun was was entirely too far and put it in the bed with me.

Now the powers and everything is locked up. Gun is now in the drawersafe.

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I normally dust off the old teddy bear and cuddle up in my blank’y when the power goes out, but everyone is different…...I use to just strap on my PVS 14's and search out for enemy movement, but now, it's just me and old teddy...

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Nah, no such thing as being paranoid as long as it doesn't make you jumpy and you wind up accidentally shooting the cat.

I keep my .45 loaded and next to my bed at all times, anyways. If I were in your situation, I would have taken the carbine out of the case and loaded up a mag of that, too, just in case.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    ^^^^ the .45 on the night stand another under the pillow
    The ar in the safe unlocked. And a .357 on mommas side
    Now thats noid

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I saw something once

''Paranoia- You only have to be right once to make it all worth while.''

That said, I've done the same. Have you move the furniture to make a fortress at the end of some type of corridor/choke point. If not it's ok, but you may want to plan for it next time so you know exactly what you need to move and where. I like to set up some sort of ''gun port'' for the carbine to allow maximum protection. Also a few good lights set up just in front to blind/light up the attackers at the choke point.

I don't think your paranoid, but with alittle more work you'll get there.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i will tell you a funny story, the last time there was a major power outtage, a fellow on another gun forum i belong to, thought it was shtf time. he and a few guys from his neighborhood started running patrols with shotguns and looking for suspicious people. now that is paranoid.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    That'd be paranoid in my neighborhood. I'd end up shooting a cow or something. Heck, it's that dark every night; the closest streetlight is about three miles off, and that's just because the county commissioner wanted one in front of his house.

Top Bottom