Am I legal ?

Ron0011

Sep 30, 2013
So here is my question I don't know if I'm legal to own a gun or not. This uncertainty arises from Child support issues I had in the past. This was a situation that went on for many years and at one point I had probation which I satisfied satisfactorily and in the end All monies have been paid and any probation has been completed and finished. As I understand it the whole thing was supposed to be deferred adjudication. So now I'm unsure about buying a firearm and how to find out if I can buy a firearm. Do I need to get an attorney to determine this for me or can I just make the application to purchase a firearm and find out if the background check comes back negative or
approved

Last edited:

pawncop

Aug 11, 2008
TEXAS
Bottom line. If you were convicted AND adjudicated (sentence imposed) of a felony. Any felony, you are not allowed to purchase a firearm. I would suggest you contact legal counsel and see what your status is.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jul 1, 2011
If you are being honest and truly unsure, fill out the 4473 form answering all questions truthfully. Answer within 3 days, no attorneys fees necessary.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Depends on what you exactly what the charge was and the final adjudication. If you put a felony conviction on a 4473, you will be refused. Check with county clerk where it happened or ask an attorney. Wrong guess could get You in a LOT of trouble, not worth the risk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
Call the Court Clerk of the county in which this occurred and ask him/her exactly what you were, or were not convicted of and whether or not it was a felony or not. If it is a felony conviction, then no. No expert here but, I don't often hear of child support cases being felonies. Unless there was a domestic violence issue involved with it. I have heard of those being treated as a felony. Then again,domestic violence convictions are also a reason to refuse a buyer a firearm. If I remember correctly.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member