• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Just got a pancake holster for my Colt Cobra... fits snug, nothing a little breaking in won't fix.

Once I get it on my belt and snug down, it's in there like there's no tomorrow. Even trying to use the backing as a thumb-break is a struggle.

Is this normal, is the holster sub-par, or am I just stupid?

FWIW I did some research and the "brand" seems to be very well received
    c079a6d03927b98c255dd2dd3aa9d489.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Gun Zone Deals

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Hmmm. I have a bunch of Azulas and none of them seem the have that problem. The only one that's being a beeatch is the Galco Stinger for the PPS. That even is so stiff, it shoves the slide out of battery and you're giving yourself an atomic wedgie before you can get it back out.

*Fixed spelling.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Hmmm. I have a bunch of Azulas and none of them seem the have that problem. The only one that's being a beeatch is the Galco Stinger for the PPS. That even is so stiff, it shoves the slight out of battery and you're giving yourself an atomic wedgie before you can get it back out.
    any wheel guns? I wonder if that's the problem. 50/50 mold so when it's cinched down it hugs the cylinder on the outside. That's my only guess.

Though, the gun is light enough I may not need to cinch my belt down so much. Then again, I don't want to hike my pants up constantly

Sent from my SIG Sauer

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I don’t carry a wheel gun; however I do keep a loaded one as a home defense gun. So I’ll be the first to admit I’m just guessing here. Unless that cylinder has its own open channel to the top of the holster, I’d say cinching down on the holster would tend to lock the leather in, behind the back of the cylinder, making the draw more difficult. Is that a possibility?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Soak that bad boy in water. Let it soak till it's completely wet all the way through. Stick it on your belt and jam the revolver in it. Practice drawing. Let the sights wear in a channel.

Wear the holster till it's dry. With the revolver in it. They're stainless so no big deal. If they were blue, I'd suggest smearing it down with Johnson's Paste Wax. At the end of the day. Dry the revolver and stick it back in the holster over night.

The next day. Everything should be fitting right. To you and to the revolver.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Are you skinny?
    Pulling those tabs tight with the belt will close that holster up like a clam.
    Try 2 o'clock or 5 o'clock and see if it helps some.
    Adjust as necessary .

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I don’t carry a wheel gun; however I do keep a loaded one as a home defense gun. So I’ll be the first to admit I’m just guessing here. Unless that cylinder has its own open channel to the top of the holster, I’d say cinching down on the holster would tend to lock the leather in, behind the back of the cylinder, making the draw more difficult. Is that a possibility?
    it does have an open channel. I tested it off my belt, fits snug, but once I squeeze the slots a bit, it tightens up
    Soak that bad boy in water. Let it soak till it's completely wet all the way through. Stick it on your belt and jam the revolver in it. Practice drawing. Let the sights wear in a channel.

Wear the holster till it's dry. With the revolver in it. They're stainless so no big deal. If they were blue, I'd suggest smearing it down with Johnson's Paste Wax. At the end of the day. Dry the revolver and stick it back in the holster over night.

The next day. Everything should be fitting right. To you and to the revolver.
    it is blued. maybe a grocery bag. That's how I broke in my galco
    Are you skinny?
    Pulling those tabs tight with the belt will close that holster up like a clam.
    Try 2 o'clock or 5 o'clock and see if it helps some.
    Adjust as necessary .
    that's exactly what is happening. but I'm not skinny lol. 36" waist at best. I'm a 3:30/4:00 wearer
    Or better yet, don't. I soaked some of my leather holsters that didn't bend around my slender, boyish hips in Ballistol for the same purpose.
    interesting. I use G96 and it's pretty pricey

Sent from my SIG Sauer

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Put your gun in a gallon Ziploc freezer bag and push it into the holster as far as you can. Leave it in there for a day or (even better) two. Take the gun out of the bag and try it in the holster. This technique worked on my Bianchi & Desantis holsters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Put your gun in a gallon Ziploc freezer bag and push it into the holster as far as you can. Leave it in there for a day or (even better) two. Take the gun out of the bag and try it in the holster. This technique worked on my Bianchi & Desantis holsters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    that's how I broke in my galco (dress sock, actually).

unfortunately this seems to be an issue with the way the holster bends around my waist.

i think I'm going to try to form it with the gun, and the holster bent. Kind of like a breaking in a glove or a hat.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I have been successful with several holsters by wrapping the firearm with wax paper to slightly enlarge then putting it in a ziplock bag....forcing it into a dry holster and leave it for a few days. In your case wrap the holster around similar contour while doing this. Hope it helps!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The seller told me to holster the gun, then turn left/right 10x. That helped. Like 7%.

I had it in a ziploc freezer bag, bolstered, and rubber band around it to give it that curve. Helped a good amount. It now draws, but lifts the shit out of my belt. That was just an hour or 2.

Have it on a belt, wrapped around some boxes and a towel to give it a curve. Been there since yesterday, I'll check back on Sunday I guess.

If it needs more, I may treat it with Leather Honey. Maybe leave it off the reinforced opening section.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom