• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Damn, that is a good price. Too bad I want the 18.5" version without ghost ring sights. I'll check their site to see if they have what I want.

They list it but it is out of stock with a much higher price:
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=67291

Looks like they are out of stock on most of their Mossberg shotguns.

Yea the link I provided is what they have currently on sale. Maybe the one you want will go on sale at some point in the future. I've bought guns from these guys before, and they're excellent.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Got the gun today. This thing is bigger and heavier than I imagined, lol. It's built like a tank.

gIQsf6h.jpg

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Does anyone know if the forend of the shotgun is suppose to wiggle side to side? I understand the forend needs to have loose tolerance for it to have good reliability, but it seems have a lot of side to side slop, making it felt as if it's broken.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Does anyone know if the forend of the shotgun is suppose to wiggle side to side? I understand the forend needs to have loose tolerance for it to have good reliability, but it seems have a lot of side to side slop, making it felt as if it's broken.
    Follow the instruction manual and break it down. It needs a good cleaning anyway. While you are at it, inspect the suspect parts.

I am without a 590 at the moment, but my 870 Express has some side to side wiggle if I force it to, maybe about an 8th of an inch.

Last edited:

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Follow the insruction manual and break it down. It need a good cleaning anyway. While you are at it, inspect the suspect parts.

I am without a 590 at the moment, but my 870 Express has some side to side wiggle if I force it to, maybe about an 8th of an inch.

Does your forend lock up if you wobble it to one side and attempt to pull it back to load one in the chamber? Mine will do that.

By lock up I meant, unable to pull back the forend. I have to have the forend about in the middle for it to operate normally. It doesn't feel like it's that big of a deal, as I really have to wobble it all the way to one end or the other for it to happen. If this isn't factory spec though, I'd like mossberg to fix it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Yeah, I'm thinking that's normal. Mine has a good bit of side to side slop. By that, I mean I can twist it side to side. But just to push it left and right, not so much.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Does your forend lock up if you wobble it to one side and attempt to pull it back to load one in the chamber? Mine will do that.

By lock up I meant, unable to pull back the forend. I have to have the forend about in the middle for it to operate normally. It doesn't feel like it's that big of a deal, as I really have to wobble it all the way to one end of the other for it to happen. If this isn't factory spec though, I'd like mossberg to fix it.
    Mine isn't like that. I haven't noticed it anyway.

Top Bottom