724a5b0f924d94d15dd13fb5ef6ff133.png

7ef63a81a21fa5d479b9574b7ba9e6c1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I hope whom ever is listening is enjoying the conversations I am having with my dogs.

I bet they get a thrill when my Doberman yodels back at me lol. Its like talking to Chewbaccaa

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    We use ours a lot. In fact I have two Echo Dots and one of the mini wall plug versions in teh study.
    We use them a LOT for timers.
    Baking bread, chicken in the oven, check the ribs on the grill.
    But it really shines with oddball tasks like recipe conversions.
    You can ask questions like how much is 2 1/2 tablespoons divided by 3 in teaspoons (2.5 tsp) (or milliliters (12.3 ml) or other volumetric measurement). How many 15gn loads are in a pound of powder (466)
    Very handy.
    Then there's scheduled activities - mine wakes me up and gives a weather forecast and current conditions as well as traffic on my route to work.
    As mentioned it's handy to have smart lights and plugs. My pepper and tomato seedling lights are controlled by a smart plug.
    My only complaint is those smart LED bulbs do not last anywhere near what they're rated and can be finicky. I opt for the smart plugs in most spots for the lamps.
    Oh, and you can have it turn your lights and such on in a believable pattern when you're away since it "learns" how you normally use your lights. It can also be told to "guard" your home and it will listen for breaking glass and smoke alarms.
    My wife uses the announce feature to let me know dinner is ready when I'm in the shop. Damned thing even rings a dinner bell!
    Finally I have the Blink cameras and doorbell front and back with scheduled motion alarms and video capture that can alert me when motion is detected.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The routines are nice with Alexa. My son Has a routine to wake him up and tell him to get dressed. My daughter has rain sounds that turn on every morning. My daughter listens to music, my son to Story Pirates. Play music/playlist (cleanup playlist through the whole house)

We have an echo show that shows pictures in addition to the normal question/timer functions.

I uses Alexa for routines with non-Alexa stuff to have a motion activated Christmas tree and fish tank.

I’ve used them to turn lights on while on vacation. (Heck I had my TV play Star Wars every night we were gone just for giggles). I need a couple more motion sensors, but haven’t found inexpensive ones I like.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I use a bunch of Z-Wave motion sensors. Battery powered, adhesive mount, magnet attachment to the mount, and 18 bucks a pop.

Top Bottom