• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, about 3 years ago I bought one of these.
    About a year ago, it wouldn't turn on, so I bought a new one.

Now the new one won't turn on.

I've unplugged everything, then plugged everything back in, duh, changed batteries in the remote.
    Won't turn on.

Anybody know anything else I should try, or just buy another one?
    Target Sports

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Are you powering it from a USB port on the TV? If so, make sure the port isn't the issue before sending back.
    Power comes from the wall plug.
    Unit is plugged into my reciever.
    Just strange it's happened twice.
    Last one was bought just last November.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Power comes from the wall plug.
    Unit is plugged into my reciever.
    Just strange it's happened twice.
    Last one was bought just last November.

We first got a Firestick for streaming TV. Within six months, it started giving us problems. Would have to restart it constantly to get it to work properly, and many times would have to unplug the power to it for it to reset and start working again.

I had read there were many people that were having the same issues as I was and those similar to yours. Hmmm..

My suggestion? Get the Roku instead. We now have two of them and the only issue we have had with the first one, was Susie using the remote for a chew toy! Nice thing is, instead of buying a remote, I downloaded an app to our smart phones that made them the Roku remote.

The Roku works very similar to the Firestick, but seems to work better, has a clearer picture, better sound, can access the same channels as the Firestick and costs only about a third of the Firestick. You can buy the Roku at WalMart for less than $25. We paid $85 for the first Firestick!

You can thank me later! :banana:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    We first got a Firestick for streaming TV. Within six months, it started giving us problems. Would have to restart it constantly to get it to work properly, and many times would have to unplug the power to it for it to reset and start working again.

I had read there were many people that were having the same issues as I was and those similar to yours. Hmmm..

My suggestion? Get the Roku instead. We now have two of them and the only issue we have had with the first one, was Susie using the remote for a chew toy! Nice thing is, instead of buying a remote, I downloaded an app to our smart phones that made them the Roku remote.

The Roku works very similar to the Firestick, but seems to work better, has a clearer picture, better sound, can access the same channels as the Firestick and costs only about a third of the Firestick. You can buy the Roku at WalMart for less than $25. We paid $85 for the first Firestick!

You can thank me later! :banana:

Another vote for ROKU. Using one I bought at least 10 years ago. Still rolling.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Well, if this third one fails, I'll be buying a Roku.
    I just LOOK stupid....

Another point to consider, Roku was the first company to come out with a TV streaming device. Two years ahead of the Firestick.

One of the features the Firestick has the Roku doesn't , is being able to access the internet, just like a computer, laptop or smart phone. When I first joined TGT, I was posting from our TV through the Firestick, because my laptop took a dump and crashed.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Another point to consider, Roku was the first company to come out with a TV streaming device. Two years ahead of the Firestick.

One of the features the Firestick has the Roku doesn't , is being able to access the internet, just like a computer, laptop or smart phone. When I first joined TGT, I was posting from our TV through the Firestick, because my laptop took a dump and crashed.
    So you’re saying we should blame the firestick?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    So, about 3 years ago I bought one of these.
    About a year ago, it wouldn't turn on, so I bought a new one.

Now the new one won't turn on.

I've unplugged everything, then plugged everything back in, duh, changed batteries in the remote.
    Won't turn on.

Anybody know anything else I should try, or just buy another one?
    Same thing happened to me when I bought my last one. It was a 4K. I looked it up on YouTube and followed instructions and it worked.

while you’re there look up a few more on YouTube (all fire stick apps)
    Curiosity Cafe
    Electric MD
    Cord Cutters Anonymous

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Also go to the search and download an app called downloader

get into downloader and search for file linked that’s how you can get some good AppStores that smart people set up. One of those smart people on YouTube has a code you enter. There should be 2 pop ups. Don’t get those newsletters or VPNs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Since the "wonder-mutt" Susie decided to use the first Roku device's remote for a chew toy, we had been using the Roku app on our smart phones for a remote. Last time the wife and I were in WalMart, I wanted to see what a replacement remote would cost.

So, looking around I found a universal one that could control the TV and the Roku, for less than the actual Roku branded remote. And it worked just great.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Top Bottom