• ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Just FYI -
    Amazon to open new delivery stations in Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield, McKinney and Balch Springs in 2021. Hundreds of full- and part-time jobs starting at $15 per hour will be available and will include various benefits packages - contact Amazon.
    ARJ Defense ad

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    They already have an Amazon Hub Locker at the Alsups in Santa Ana, Tx, (about 60 miles south of Abilene). It is a little bit larger than a Red Box machine. They send the customer an access code when the locker is stocked and they have three days to pick it up.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've NEVER seen an Amazon employee come out the door of their workplace singing or smiling, or talked to an employee who enjoyed their experience.

Yup, I've known a few of them that worked in a distribution center. THey hate life. Mandatory OT, they have insane package handling quotas, and the supervisors are bitchy if you're not exceeding the quotas. They all look like the world just kicked them in the balls and shot a puppy in front of them when they're off shift. $15 per hour isn't worth that kind of stress.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've NEVER seen an Amazon employee come out the door of their workplace singing or smiling, or talked to an employee who enjoyed their experience.

I’ve never walked out of a workplace singing or smiling.

The things I enjoy doing are hobbies and cost me money instead of earning it. The things I enjoyed as hobbies and turned in to jobs became things I no longer enjoyed.

Then again, maybe they really do love working there and are sad because they have to leave at the end of their shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I’ve never walked out of a workplace singing or smiling.

The things I enjoy doing are hobbies and cost me money instead of earning it. The things I enjoyed as hobbies and turned in to jobs became things I no longer enjoyed.

Then again, maybe they really do love working there and are sad because they have to leave at the end of their shift.

There's truth to what you said, but all the Amazon people I've worked with and met aren't bad people, but they had nothing good to say about where they used to work.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There's truth to what you said, but all the Amazon people I've worked with and met aren't bad people, but they had nothing good to say about where they used to work.

Fair enough. I don’t know anyone personally who has worked there.

I did frame houses for several years. Started off as a go-fer and lumber toter. I ran my ass off all day in the sun usually carrying something heavy for less money. As I learned things weren’t as bad, but it was always a huddle, always in the weather, and always someone to throw something at you if you slacked off making others take up the work load. So I am somewhat calloused and tend to think a lot of people might not realize that working hard for $15/hour plus benefits isn’t so bad. But again, maybe there is a boogie man I’m not aware of.

I think the worst part for me would be the simple fact that I worked for Bezos, lol.

FWIW, I do know a couple people who work for USPS. It seems the workload there is also very heavy for those who actually work. And I knew someone who worked for UPS long ago who said to avoid it due to the long hours and constantly getting bitched at due to package issues. Not saying all USPS or UPS workers are worth a damn.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The main reason I posted it, is to make people aware of a few potential $15/hr jobs (with some benefit coverage), perhaps in their area. For people having a hard time making "ends meet" - paying rent, putting food on their table, needing to cover children with medical conditions, etc. - it might just make all the difference in the world. If you've never been hungry, then feel free to dismiss my posting. But if you've got relatives or "church family" that might benefit, then maybe you can pass the word on. To me, it's less about Bezos and more about surviving.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I was told about supervisor opportunities there. Wasn’t interested from what I knew about the place. If a worker is busting his balls, doesn’t have much down time, is shy of his standards, I don’t write em up. I’ll talk to em to make sure their ok; see what their doing that’s slowing em down and offer suggestions. I do not like places that have supervisors hiding behind technology and looking at a screen all day.

With how terrible the work force is I appreciate good attendance and effort. If you try to work for me you’re gtg.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yup, I've known a few of them that worked in a distribution center. THey hate life. Mandatory OT, they have insane package handling quotas, and the supervisors are bitchy if you're not exceeding the quotas. They all look like the world just kicked them in the balls and shot a puppy in front of them when they're off shift. $15 per hour isn't worth that kind of stress.
    You're making some mighty grand assumptions. You transition from "I've know a few...." To "They all..." with your brush. Mighty big leap.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You're making some mighty grand assumptions. You transition from "I've know a few...." To "They all..." with your brush. Mighty big leap.

No "They all" refers to the "I've known a few" people. No assumptions there because *all* of the Amazon employees I've known were equally unhappy and exhausted by the time they were off work.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The main reason I posted it, is to make people aware of a few potential $15/hr jobs (with some benefit coverage), perhaps in their area. For people having a hard time making "ends meet" - paying rent, putting food on their table, needing to cover children with medical conditions, etc. - it might just make all the difference in the world. If you've never been hungry, then feel free to dismiss my posting. But if you've got relatives or "church family" that might benefit, then maybe you can pass the word on. To me, it's less about Bezos and more about surviving.
    Damn right.

Everyone wants Bezos money but very few want to work like Bezos. Bezos worked his tail off back when they weren't paying $15/hr. He may be a libtard but he got where he is b/c he had an idea & he worked.

A little time learning about Amazon's logistics could be very useful for the next Bezos.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Saw these guys just a singing and a line dancing after a hard day at Bezos land.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    My nephew worked for Amazon as a delivery driver. Had unreasonable delivery load and a crappy van they would not fix. He finally got fed up and lefty.

Top Bottom