• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    My nephew worked for Amazon as a delivery driver. Had unreasonable delivery load and a crappy van they would not fix. He finally got fed up and lefty.
    Most likely he worked for a Logistics company that was contracting with Amazon. My daughter works for a logistics company that contracts with Amazon. Prior to that she was an independent contractor employed by Amazon but she used her own vehicle. Not sure but I don't think there are actually any "Amazon" drivers running routes.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Most likely he worked for a Logistics company that was contracting with Amazon. My daughter works for a logistics company that contracts with Amazon. Prior to that she was an independent contractor employed by Amazon but she used her own vehicle. Not sure but I don't think there are actually any "Amazon" drivers running routes.
    You are correct.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So all those vans with “Amazon” plastered on the side aren’t actually owned by Amazon, or Amazon just contracts for people to drive their vans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So all those vans with “Amazon” plastered on the side aren’t actually owned by Amazon, or Amazon just contracts for people to drive their vans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have their own drivers, and they use contract drivers. Contract drivers typically drive their own vehicle, though I think they have a rental agreement thing where you can rent one of their vans, or they set you up thru Enterprise or something.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    They have their own drivers, and they use contract drivers. Contract drivers typically drive their own vehicle, though I think they have a rental agreement thing where you can rent one of their vans, or they set you up thru Enterprise or something.
    The Company my Nephew worked for provided white un-marked vans for the drivers to use. They were not in good condition

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The Company my Nephew worked for provided white un-marked vans for the drivers to use. They were not in good condition

No surprise. Getting employees to care for shared vehicles is nigh impossible, large company or small. I wrote up my employees for continual lack of basic care for the vehicles a number of times, the only thing that got them to change *at all* was putting a memo out that if we had a motor seize or major break down related to improper lubrication, the driver driving the vehicle was getting fired no ifs ands or buts - because those knuckle heads would never even check the damn oil. They'd mark on the DVIR that they did. But I did random spot checks, and a vehicle that had been marked as "full" at the start of the shift would register a quart or more low 6 to 10 hours later.

They'd raise holy hell if the last guy didn't clean the interior for them, but god forbid they check the oil, the tire pressure, or if the damn lights functioned properly. If you don't have a fleet manager worth a shit, or if your in-house maintenance guys aren't worth a shit... you get poor functioning vehicles.

It wouldn't surprise me either if those guys were renting Nissan NV's or Ram Promasters or something - because they were cheap. Neither had stellar reliability ratings to begin with, and we had two of the ProMaster City vans in our fleet that I loathed, because they were constantly breaking. As much of a non-fan of Ford's small engine vehicles as I am - we had a Transit Connect that was a champ, and I had an extended rental on a full size Transit 250 thru Enterprise last year when I was rear ended in my F150 - seemed far more robust and if I were running a fleet of cargo vehicles - I think I'd go for Transits right now. When I was looking at them, as we were talking about buying another vehicle - the Transit was ahead of the NV in reliability marks and payload rating. The diesel Sprinters were more reliable, but way more expensive too in both initial cost and maintenance.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    43 years ago I worked for UPS as an am preloader. I was making $13.75 way back then. It was a part time position, but I was able to get more hours.

I had another year to go before I could get a drivers job.I ended up quitting to go to what I thought was a better job as a union painter @ nuke plant that was under construction.

If I would have stayed at UPS I would have had a better pension. Then again I might have been married & divorced 3 times with a couple of kids and child support.

I would have never made it to Texas either!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom