• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, my wife and boys bought me an Amazon Kindle Fire for my birthday (yeah, happy birthday to me!
    anim_party.gif
    ) and I was wondering if anyone had the gouge (411) on these things.

Specifically, how can I load this thing up with my music and movies? Secondly, any recommended apps I should have (like Angry Birds? ). Anything else I should know about it?

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    I don't know about the Kindle but as far as apps go, Zombie Gunship is a pretty cool shoot-em-up game. You fly around in an AC 130 gunship and shoot the crap out of zombies.

SgtBrummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    Plants vs zombies is good too. As far a the kindle goes, I haven't figured out how to download music from an outside source but you can buy the music from the music store on the kindle. You only have about 5 gigs of internal storage and another 2 gigs of app storage. It's nice to have it around. Beats having to pull out my computer all the time

Also, get tapatalk for the forum. Costs $3 but is worth it for TGT.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    M2,

Happy Birthday! I got one for my BD back when they were released. You just need to sync it up with your amazon account, click on the settings tab up top, pick the more tab, and then My Account. Once registered it will stay linked to your amazon account when you are online, at the top of the book/music/video page, choose the Cloud option (rather than device) and it will show you everything in your amazon cloud. Chose which you want to download and thats it, same for books, videos and apps. PM me if you can't figure anything out, or ask one of your kids!

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Additionally, you have to get the apps through the amazon store (store tab at top of amazon page) and not all apps are available, but they are adding more every day so keep an eye out for your favorites. Enjoy!

Also, my daughter will be selling girl scout cookies at the Saxet show this weekend, come by and say hi, and buy some cookies!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks, I think I need to play with this thing for a while to figure it out. I don't know if I have a Amazon "cloud" but I am downloading the application for uploading my music to it. Anytime I have to allow a program to scan my hard drive and upload such a large number of files (I have over 8100 songs according to my Zune) I get a little nervous, but since I buy/download a lot of music from Amazon I am a little more comfortable about it.

I see I am getting a free month of 'Amazon Prime,' just what exactly does that entail?

Oh, and don't forget to remind me to buy some cookies at the gun show Saturday morning. I usually get zeroed in on guns there, and don't notice much else. I'll make sure my son know so he'll remind me!

Cheers! M2

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I bought a regular Kindle when they came out with the special (cheaper) version (that throws out some advertising when you turn it off). Books are cheaper and you can carry around a whole library. (I just read "American Sniper" and it's a terrific book.) I haven't upgraded to the Fire because quite honestly I don't know of any apps I would bother with.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I got my Kindle Fire a while back, and I use it quite a bit. I enjoy it, and honestly am glad I purchased it over the iPad 2.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm still getting used to it but so far I am really enjoying my new Kindle Fire!

I did learn during the last software update Adobe Flash was turned off. You can turn it back on again, but I was concerned as a lot of online movie sites use it!

I've downloaded a few trial books (The Gun, Red Cell) just to see how it is like to read them on this thing. So far it's been pretty good, so I think I'm going to go ahead and buy them.

I'm also looking around to see what apps are out there. Again, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Cheers! M2

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I got the Fire when they came out and personally I was disappointed. Probably because my main interes is in reading. I ended up giving it to my daughter, who loves it, and went back to the regular Kindle for reading. Anyway, here's a couple links you might find useful.

The San Antonio library is a decent source for books.

San Antonio Library

Your complete guide to the Kindle Fire

Kindle Boards - Fire Talk

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    I got the Fire when they came out and personally I was disappointed. Probably because my main interes is in reading. I ended up giving it to my daughter, who loves it, and went back to the regular Kindle for reading. Anyway, here's a couple links you might find useful.

The San Antonio library is a decent source for books.

San Antonio Library

Your complete guide to the Kindle Fire

Kindle Boards - Fire Talk

I agree, I love my kindle for reading. For tablets, I have a Nook color I rooted, and overclocked and made it full Android. Its fun to mess around on and play games/browse, but that's about all.

Top Bottom