• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I think its time to change the name to Prime 4+days to delivery.
    Last 5 out of 7 things ordered took 4+days to get here with 2 day prime

Rant over.
    DK Firearms

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

Rant over.
    I think this depends a lot on where you're at... my last residence I was 4+ days for any Amazon delivery.

Here in Canton, if I order it early enough in the day the 2 day will arrive the next day... this may be the Amazon warehouse near you is getting too busy, or it could be the local carriers.

And on the Rant, I give you a 4/10... no cussing, didn't really convey damages you've suffered, you presented some evidence, but lacking in details about the situation that would make it easier to sympathize with your position. I did like the proposition to re-name the service, tho.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Rant over.

It doesn't matter where the hell you are.
    Happened to me in two states, starting this past summer.

Started screen capturing my Prime orders so I can prove it.

The latest was Wednesday, 1/17, when the order screen showed Prime with a Friday delivery date, and the item ended being shipped by a non Prime seller and wasn't delivered until this Tuesday 1/22.

So far I've emailed them screen captures of their text message notifications, as well as a computer "PrntScrn" of the original order being placed, and have gotten four $5 to $20 credits by bitching every time it happens.

Bitch at e'm ... with proof.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The claim is free two day shipping, not you will get your item in two days. It has happened to me as well . I also have gotten items the next day, most likley thanks to the new warehouse that was built in katy. Most of my items are now being delivered by Amazon Logistics.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The claim is free two day shipping, not you will get your item in two days.

Then explain this:

Amazon.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hear ya.

I ordered an LEM Big Bite #5 meat grinder on Monday. It arrived yesterday but the bastards sent me an LEM Big Bite #8!

Upgrading my order without my permission and shit without charging me for the more expensive product. Jerks.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I hear ya.

I ordered an LEM Big Bite #5 meat grinder on Monday. It arrived yesterday but the bastards sent me an LEM Big Bite #8!

Upgrading my order without my permission and shit without charging me for the more expensive product. Jerks.

Nice!
    Obviously they're getting ashamed of themselves for not living up to their checkout delivery date promise. ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I try not to have much faith in shipping and delivery dates.

I've found things shipped from the Amazon Warehouse do much better than 3rd party. It also seems that most delays not weather related are due to delays on getting the package out of the warehouse, still not something I've run in to with Amazon as much as their 3rd party Prime sellers.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I try not to have much faith in shipping and delivery dates.

I've found things shipped from the Amazon Warehouse do much better than 3rd party. It also seems that most delays not weather related are due to delays on getting the package out of the warehouse, still not something I've run in to with Amazon as much as their 3rd party Prime sellers.

Been a Prime member since its inception, largely for business reasons.

Up until the past year it wasn't unusual for me to order over $20k/year using Amazon Prime, mostly appliances and kitchen and bath fixtures for remodel clients.

In the construction business, them meeting an advertised "Delivery Date" was a big factor in using them; not "two day shipping".

Like the OP, I've seem them noticeably slipping in that regard since last summer. Having spent that much with them over the years, I'm gonna hold their feet to the fire when I pay for a Prime promised "delivery date".

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I order at least weekly and live in a rural area. Prime 2 day shipping has worked well though many items are not prime, especially in their marketplace. If it's delivered late then use their message service to complain. Each missed date they'll extend your membership by one month if you bring it to their attention. My local USPS carrier delivered to the wrong address twice in the past 12 months and so my membership was extended another two months.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I live on the outskirts of the city of Burnet and 6-8 months ago 95%of 2 day deliveries made it in 2 days.

as far as cussing and screaming. It was not like it was stuff I had to have so its not a big deal. Just seems like a load of crap <--- almost as bad as Trump saying shithole.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I live on the outskirts of the city of Burnet and 6-8 months ago 95%of 2 day deliveries made it in 2 days.

as far as cussing and screaming. It was not like it was stuff I had to have so its not a big deal. Just seems like a load of crap <--- almost as bad as Trump saying shithole.

Hear tell. It's an internal Amazon rule that if the Prime product isn't on time. They offer a period of Prime for free to make up for it. It's not advertised so you'll have to press them for it.

Prime to my location is 1-2 days. Average is two. I don't know where the shopping hub is but it must be close. Very rare for it to take more then three days.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Prime 2 day orders almost always make it on time in my rural area.
    The few exceptions to that were the fault of Fed Ex or UPS not being able to find my house even though I get deliveries from them at least 3 days a week.

One recent one I ran the tracking number and it said "invalid address could not deliver. See note left on door".

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Most of my Prime stuff gets here fast. Of course, San Marcos has a distribution center. I've gotten stuff in a couple of hours after I ordered it.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Same-day depends on if the item is at a distribution center near you or not.

Prime is "2-day shipping" but the fine print is, some items won't ship for several days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom