• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    There seems to be alot of shows airing latley about guns, gunsmithing, and hot daughters!

I watched three episodes of "American Guns" today. I like how Rich Wyatt stays more or less realistic in his show. Whereas SoG spends alot of time on the extreme and bizzare.

Hopefully the influx of gun shows on tv will serve to ease the stigma on responsible firearm ownership, and even educate the sheeple a bit. People only fear what they dont understand.

I think the daughter on AG is alot hotter than the daughter on SoG, albiet a minor.
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I saw the demo derby video. I should say you're not. :-)

Truthfully, SoG daughter's voice is a put off to me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Seen several episodes of SoG and hate it. Saw one episode of AG (the Bond Car) and thought it was idiotic. Mounting a couple of .380s to a car? It's a good idea in Hollywood, I guess. I especially hate how the last car the dude shot exploded in flames!

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but if I want firearms entertainment I'll watch Mythbusters! At least they admit when something is a stupid/unrealistic/bad idea. If you guys like SoG/AG then more power to ya; I'm just glad so many people are taking an interest in guns. It helps the cause a lot and I definitely appreciate that.

By the way; anyone know if the Bond Car would have to be registered as an AOW with those servos pulling the triggers?

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Seen several episodes of SoG and hate it. Saw one episode of AG (the Bond Car) and thought it was idiotic. Mounting a couple of .380s to a car? It's a good idea in Hollywood, I guess. I especially hate how the last car the dude shot exploded in flames!

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but if I want firearms entertainment I'll watch Mythbusters! At least they admit when something is a stupid/unrealistic/bad idea.

Yeah, the bond car thing was a bit over the top, but you cant control what your customers want... The last car bursting into flames was SORRY. Wasnt even real tannerite, more like an improvised flame thrower on a remote switch.

I am hoping shows like this can veer more toward educational than entertaining, but then again, if they did that, they wouldn't have the viewership they do now.

As far as SoG daughter, I agree about her voice! They should make her huff helium before she speaks, it would be more bearable.

I called Red Jacket a while back to ask about a short barreled shotgun they had on their website and she answered the phone. I gave her the model number of the shotgun and asked her if it was classified as a class 3, not only did she have no clue what I was talking about, she actually asked me who the manufacturer was!!!(red jacket firearms) Which you would think would be evident by the RJ at the beginning of the model number.

They have the potential to have a really good show, IMHO they should dispense with the theatrics, stay on topic, and make sure the person answering the phones has a functional knowledge of your product.

Edit(addition): If any of you were wondering which shotgun I was looking at, its this one

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=29&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

She put me on hold for about ten minutes, presumably to ask somone who knows what the hell they're talking about, and she told me that this was not a class 3 shotgun. Thoughts?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    IMHO they should dispense with the theatrics, stay on topic,

I really don't think that's their call. The producers and editors make the show; the "Cast" in this instance for the most part just does their thing (though I'm sure there is a lot of nudging going on). It's all about ratings; most of the people who watch the show want to be entertained and probably don't give a shit about actually owning, shooting, or knowing anything about guns.

They are TV viewers and we are shooters; and our two strange and seperate worlds have collided! The good news is that I am certain at least a small percentage of their viewers are bound to be influenced by the show and actually become gun owners. The owner of Wildey Guns says everytime Death Wish 3 is played on TV he gets a few more orders than usual, so any publicity is good publicity, I guess. Even if it comes from SoG! ;)

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Both shows are just the typical scripted network TV programming. None of what happens is real. Of course there are some pretty cool firearms to be seen, but that's about it for me. Otherwise, they are ridiculous.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I gave her the model number of the shotgun and asked her if it was classified as a class 3, not only did she have no clue what I was talking about,

Maybe you should have asked her if the gun was a NFA item, and not about their business's operating licenses.

As far as the shows, I like parts of both, but hate other parts. There is a couple of new ones coming out, they might be better.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As I've said before, neither are worth watching. If anything, I'll try to find a History Channel rerun of Tales of the Gun. It might be a bit dated (1998), but at least it's factual and informative and that's a helluva lot more entertaining to me than these scripted reality shows...

Or, as London mentioned, a good episode of Mythbusters where at least there is some logic behind what they are doing.

Cheers! M2

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Maybe you should have asked her if the gun was a NFA item, and not about their business's operating licenses.

As far as the shows, I like parts of both, but hate other parts. There is a couple of new ones coming out, they might be better.

Im pretty sure if you called up there and got that chick on the phone and referred to anything with an acronym, you would only confuse her and would most likley end up on hold too. Just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom