• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The comment period ends on the 9th, then an attorney for the ATF will have to review everything. Lawsuits have already been or will be filed. Itll be a ling an drawn out process. Theres nothing to worry about for those of us that have already "got ours", thats pure fear mongering.

You trust the current occupant of the White House to not come after what you already have? Really? Im not out to scare anyone but i didnt run out and spend a bunch to get in under the deadline because i think this is just one turn of the screw and another will follow.
    Lynx Defense

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    My NFA items are on a trust which is a document for the state of Texas. If he were to come in and start jacking with the property of peoples trusts especially here in Texas, the secede movement might final get the ball rolling. The trust issue is large than just NFA items, if this goes through he will be over-turning two centuries of legal precedent. In talking wih the guys at the silencer shop I basically got a quick crash course in the legalities of trusts and what their lawyer told them. One of two ways I see this gojng down. Nothing ever comes of it, or they do it anyway and it gets over turned in tje courts. Now the legal battle could last forever like it usually does but purely on the legal merit from wjat I've been told it doesnt seem to stand a chance. Im not worried about Obamas gestapo knocking on my door.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Guys, anyone notice that the ASA doesn't oppose fingerprints and photographs for everyone?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Yeah thus my comment about them being linked to the NFATCA. What worthless ass organization. I hope they get blown up like the NFATCA over this. Absolutely inexcusable the way theyve handled this and about on par woth silencerco's response. It boggles my mind with how terrible the nfa community is handling this.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah thus my comment about them being linked to the NFATCA. What worthless ass organization. I hope they get blown up like the NFATCA over this. Absolutely inexcusable the way theyve handled this and about on par woth silencerco's response. It boggles my mind with how terrible the nfa community is handling this.

Why do you think its being handled so poorly? Such a small group without a unified voice? Competing interests?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Guys, anyone notice that the ASA doesn't oppose fingerprints and photographs for everyone?

If you downloaf their form letter it does mention the cost and inconvenience of photos and fingerprints so I'd say their form letters are good. They shouldve put out a better statement than they did but I'd say its alright. Its stupid that they wait until one week before the deadline to release it though. Their form letters are nothing special and should have been out within a week or two of the comment perioding beginning.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Well considering the majority of the people who run the ASA will all be out of a job and will have lost their livelihood if 41p becomes a regulation as written you can be guaranteed they have been working on it. Many of them will watch as the businesses they have worked so hard to grow fail and close their doors, and all of the employees that they feel responsible for lose their jobs and their security, but yeah I guess they haven't kept the Internet up to date enough.... I know that a lot of those guys have been spending more time in Sodom on the Potomac than home.

How many of you other than Sean have submitted a comment? I would have assumed the Sean would be on board with the ASA but I guess not. I know that Dave at the Silencer Shop sure as hell is.

Submit you comments... The more comments the lawyers have to wade through the longer the implementation of this will be delayed. The ATF and the administration obviously don't care about actual regulation that will accomplish anything, they just need a win at this point.... I can pretty much guarantee this will be it and it will be on the front page of every news paper and a leading item on every news cast. They will do press conferences and probably even a signing photo event for the Looter Messiah even though this isn't a law for him to sign....

Join the ASA or don't... you own or would like to own a Silencer and aren't a member of ASA that is just as bad as owning or wanting to own a gun and not being a member of the NRA in my book...

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    So Kurt what is the explanation for releasing the form letters so late? What is the explanation for not commenting when the WSJ calls you for an article? If youre going to be the advocacy group for an entire industry you need to be outspoken and visible. The NRA is great at that and their membership number show it. The ASA has handled this terribly IMO as they shouldve had form letters up within weeks of the comment period beginning and released an official statement to get exposure for their form letters and commenting. If my livelyhood was at stake I'd be screaming from the rooftops.

I commented a long time ago back in early October. Im a member of the NRA and have bought a lot of cans from Dave. If Dave was truly confident in the ASA, why has he spent so much money on his own attorney? If the ASA is doing their job and getting the industry on the same page why did Silencerco release a statement not condemning the photos and fingerprints? Seems to me like all those fighting this should be reading off the same sheet of music.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    So Kurt what is the explanation for releasing the form letters so late? What is the explanation for not commenting when the WSJ calls you for an article? If youre going to be the advocacy group for an entire industry you need to be outspoken and visible. The NRA is great at that and their membership number show it. The ASA has handled this terribly IMO as they shouldve had form letters up within weeks of the comment period beginning and released an official statement to get exposure for their form letters and commenting. If my livelyhood was at stake I'd be screaming from the rooftops.

I commented a long time ago back in early October. Im a member of the NRA and have bought a lot of cans from Dave. If Dave was truly confident in the ASA, why has he spent so much money on his own attorney? If the ASA is doing their job and getting the industry on the same page why did Silencerco release a statement not condemning the photos and fingerprints? Seems to me like all those fighting this should be reading off the same sheet of music.

I don't know. Maybe they should have had a figurehead leader who doesn't have a company to run or a real job to do to be the "Voice of the Organization" like Wayne La Pierre. I don't know why SilencerCo isn't worrying about photos and fingerprints, but I would guess it is because their CEO has told me that if the CLEO signature goes into rule they will probably go out of business so they are focusing on that. As far as Dave and his lawyer, I bet every member of the ASA has their own lawyers too, they would be stupid not to.

Can you link the SilencerCo "statement" you are referring too?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If the people running an organization dont have the time to fullfill their duties then it seems counterintuitive to even be running the entity all together. What good are you if youre not able to do anything? People like yourself would be much better faces for the industry.

On the silencerco deal, why start out compromising? Youre already starting out in a losing position with nothing to barter with. Their statement is all over the net, first google search result below
    WaGuns.org - View topic - Silencerco/SWR statement on ATF/obummer proposed 41P

If the companies who are members of the ASA dont trust the ASA to advocate for them then what is the purpose of the ASA? Sponsor shoots in DFW and make cool youtube videos?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    So the statement that is made there is "[FONT=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Although Silencerco disagrees with 41P in its entirety, we feel it is important to bring most the attention to the CLEO sign off portion of 41P, as it’s the sticking point that will keep customers from buying suppressors. Below is a sample letter that you can use to oppose 41P. Feel free to cut and paste all of it or portions of it, and by all means customize it to your true beliefs. " While I am opposed to the fingerprints and photos, I am in agreement with them that the CLEO signature is the most egregious part of this rule. I find it hard to make an argument other than "you already have 8 million photos of me and at least 40 copies of my fingerprints" as an argument against those where the CLEO signature grants local law enforcement officials the ability to institute a defacto ban on NFA items.
    [/FONT]
    I would love to see them modernize and computerize so that when they get an app in my name they can pull me up in their computer, see the information I have already provided so many times, and move forward. But with the current politics in play that will never happen..

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So are you saying the gun companies and gun stores shouldn't have lawyers because they are NRA members? An advocacy organization is one thing, putting all your eggs in that organizations basket something else totally. [/FONT]

Top Bottom