AMERICAN & TEXAN MILITIA TRADITIONS

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
While many of those are good orgs from what I know of them, and definitely fill needed roles, I do not believe they are what the founders intended by the 2nd Amendment.
Rhino,

GRANTED. - As I've been asked in emails & phone messages, "I cannot show up to help but can I do anything??", I've listed a few of the many volunteer agencies that "interested people" can support. - Every little bit helps.
Otoh, IF you can "show up" at the disaster area (and can support yourself while there - We CANNOT & WILL NOT support you.), don't wait to be asked. = When you arrive, simply ask, "What can I do??" = You will be given a needed task that otherwise either would NOT get done or would be "put off" until later.
(I remember one 60YO+ man, who was disabled, who appeared with his PU after HUGO & said, "Is there anything that you need?? - I have a good PU." = Being told that disposable diapers & "little kids clothes" were BADLY NEEDED & unavailable, Mr. Finch went home to TN, got together with his wife, started calling friends & "like magic" trucks of disposable diapers & children's clothes just APPEARED, w/i 48 hours. = THANKS to "The Knoxville crowd".)

ADDENDA: During the last major HOUSTON FLOOD, a man from New Orleans came to the "ad-hoc" R&R Center & offered his help "for anything that you need". - Told that we needed more help "picking people out of trees & off rooftops", he drove to a dealer north of Cleveland, TX, bought a 16 foot boat/motor/trailer & came back that same afternoon.
(It was later learned that he & his family had been rescued during KATRINA.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

EZ-E

Jo & the Ho gotta go!!!!
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
That's a pretty good list of sources. I had never heard of rantingly, so I will check them out. OANN and Newsmax, the wife and I watch on Pluto.tv, so we get a fair amount from them.
The wife & i have just started watching SKY news.

Bobk

Nov 8, 2008
Seguin
The wife & i have just started watching SKY news.

Sky News is another good place to look. Many times foreign news sources have a different perspective or more details that what we get in the states. You might say a different opinion.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
My personal opinion is that NewsMax is nothing more than a whore slanting their headlines one way while the articles have a sublime slant the other way. They are simply looking to cash in on the Fox News refugees. The Conservative Treehouse and OAN is much preferred by me.

Starting with A conservative/Right view and going progressively more right.

The Conservative Treehouse-->OAN--->Gateway Pundit--->Populist Press

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
Frankly I want to read from a place that is willing to hold EVERYONE’s feet to the fire.
You know, I know that they have some questionable connections/history, but I am really starting to like the Epoch Times. They actually seem to do this and kind of have that "old school journalism" feel. I started reading some of the linked stories I get from them and have been pleased with their level and detail (and apparent lack of bias). I say apparent because I know all are biased and I am just appalled at the MSM in this country. Cannot stomach them.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
To All,

Personally, I believe WHAT is NEEDED is a NEWS NETWORK on BROADCAST TV & AM/FM radio that is what PBS & NPR SHOULD BE but are NOT. = Such a government run (or quasi-government operated ) news source should run DOCUMENTED FACTS, stripped of "commentary", and as nearly "slant free" as it is possible to be.
(Something like the BBC was 75 years ago but NO LONGER is.)

BTW, IF I had my way, I would DEFUND PBS/NPR, as those 2 networks "news divisions" are NOTHING MORE than HOUSE ORGANS of the DIMocRATS Party.

A public network of that sort that I want could also run cultural, educational & GOOD QUALITY entertainment shows, too.

ONE of my "pet peeves" is that the British & Australians can make QUALITY entertainment shows but US commercial & public TV seems NOT to be able to.
(Virtually ALL of the BEST entertainment on PBS is off of BRITISH or AUSTRALIAN TV.)

yours, satx

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
SATX, explain how you defund a private entity? Neither are owned by the government.

Good or bad, there is also that 1st Amendment. Freedom of the press?

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
SATX, explain how you defund a private entity? Neither are owned by the government.

Good or bad, there is also that 1st Amendment. Freedom of the press?

Axxe55,

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, you are once more at least MOSTLY "in error", as in 2018 the CEOs of NPR & PBS both testified under oath that their networks COULD NOT SURVIVE without being over 80% funded by grants-in-aid & direct funding from the federal government.
(As NPR & PBS chief officers testified before Congress, printed facsimiles of their testimony is available from The Government Printing Office.)

Is it your belief that those 2 witnesses COMMITTED PERJURY or did they tell THE TRUTH?

As for the First Amendment, IF the government is paying the bills, the government can lawfully control the "editorial policy" of the sort of networks that I suggest, just as ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, PBS, etc. DO for those networks.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Axxe55,

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, you are once more at least MOSTLY "in error", as in 2018 the CEOs of NPR & PBS both testified under oath that their networks COULD NOT SURVIVE without being over 80% funded by grants-in-aid & direct funding from the federal government.
(As NPR & PBS chief officers testified before Congress, printed facsimiles of their testimony is available from The Government Printing Office.)

Is it your belief that those 2 witnesses COMMITTED PERJURY or did they tell THE TRUTH?

As for the First Amendment, IF the government is paying the bills, the government can lawfully control the "editorial policy" of the sort of networks that I suggest, just as ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, PBS, etc. DO for those networks.

yours, satx
I thought you believed in the 1st Amendment. Or only when it suits your needs or beliefs?

PBS and NPR are still privately held entities, and more than a few privately held entities receive government funding and grants. So because of that, should we restrict their rights and freedoms just because we may not agree with their viewpoints or opinions?

Remember freedom of the press?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics