• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

"SEE WHAT THEY DID?"
    IDK how many noticed this, but, last week some dozen US National Guard members were removed from the inauguration forces. . . . .
    BECAUSE they had American "militia ties."
    Militia interest was termed "radical right-wing extremism" !
    Hello, do our current citizens have NO knowledge of American History and our cherished TRADITIONS ?
    Militia duty has always been a cornerstone of Americanism and citizens' sacred DUTY to our Country. Have our children been "shielded" from that vital element in our American History ?
    What PERVERSION !
    Yet this vile meme went by non-noticed and not condemned in any "news report" !
    So, now our Young are left to believe that there is something wrong with the patriotic duty of militia service.
    Everyone, Please pay attention.
    BonJour,
    leVieux
    DK Firearms

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    >

"SEE WHAT THEY DID?"
    IDK how many noticed this, but, last week some dozen US National Guard members were removed from the inauguration forces. . . . .
    Militia interest was termed "radical right-wing extremism" !
    Hello, do our current citizens have NO knowledge of American History and our cherished TRADITIONS ?
    Militia duty has always been a cornerstone of Americanism and citizens' sacred DUTY to our Country. Have our children been "shielded" from that vital element in our American History ?
    What PERVERSION !
    So, now our Young are left to believe that there is something wrong with the patriotic duty of militia service.
    Everyone, Please pay attention.
    BonJour,
    leVieux

More than paying attention, more people need to work on having a local one...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The left hijacked the meaning of militia decades ago.

oldag,

YES, the FAR LEFT did & it is time for all FREE CITIZENS (particularly those of us who served in the US Armed Forces) to TAKE BACK the TRUE MEANING of "militia" from the MORON LEFT & BE PREPARED to DEFEND our REPUBLIC & The US Constitution from "all enemies, foreign & domestic"..

For those of us who voluntarily TOOK THE OATH of ENLISTMENT, we are all as INDIVIDUALS, still bound by that sacred oath until death.

just my OPINION, satx
    USA, Retired

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

In the immediate aftermath of HURRICANE HUGO, I saw how quickly that local citizens armed themselves, elected leaders & defended their local area against the roving gangs of looters, common criminals & individual thugs, whose intent was to PREY UPON their neighbors.

It is my belief that the "common militia" is NOT gone; instead, it is just sleeping until the citizen's militia is NEEDED once more.
    (IMVHO, the time for that "reawakening" is NEAR.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The left also considers Oath Keepers of far-right extremist violent group.

Army1911,

The KOOK LEFT believes that anyone, who is a DEFENDER of The US Constitution, IS a "far-right extremist". - Further, the TRUTH is that the LEFTISTS HATE all of us, who served in the US Armed Forces.

yours, satx

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    To All,

In the immediate aftermath of HURRICANE HUGO, I saw how quickly that local citizens armed themselves, elected leaders & defended their local area against the roving gangs of looters, common criminals & individual thugs, whose intent was to PREY UPON their neighbors.

It is my belief that the "common militia" is NOT gone; instead, it is just sleeping until the citizen's militia is NEEDED once more.
    (IMVHO, the time for that "reawakening" is NEAR.)

yours, satx
    The problem is one of erosion. There is no immediate, direct threat. Nothing to physically lock out or defend against. No one is breaking down my door nor stopping me at roadblocks. Thus far there is little change in day-to-day routines. If, when, that time comes we will, in the end, only kill each other while the cause/culprits stroll merrily along.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Dougw1515,

Well, I truly hope that you are 100% WRONG.
    (NOBODY but the thugs got shot in the aftermath of HUGO.)

I personally saw & "coordinated with" (As a ham operator, I was QUICKLY "drafted" as a NET CONTROL station/operator & assigned to the local sheriff's force.) ONE militia group that QUICKLY FORMED-UP & armed itself for neighborhood defense.
    (The "new" militiamen elected a @60YO E9, USMC, Retired as their leader & he had things WELL-ORGANIZED within 4 hours/well before "OH, DARK 30".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A group of citizens that form a "militia", telling, or ordering other citizens around? And just who gets to decide who is a thug or criminal? What exactly is the criteria for determining that?

Let me know how that works out!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    A group of citizens that form a "militia", telling, or ordering other citizens around? And just who gets to decide who is a thug or criminal? What exactly is the criteria for determining that?

Let me know how that works out!

Axxe55,

Pardon me for pointing out that ONCE MORE you have exposed yourself as a "knows NOT". = In nearly 60 years of "After the Storm" work, I've found your fears to be GROUNDLESS.
    (Local people have NO difficulty in quickly "sorting out" who is a PREDATOR & who is a "FRIENDLY".)

Not counting my numerous times of being "called up" for State duty with the ARNG, I've been involved directly involved in "after the storm volunteer work" since I was 15YO.
    (I was first "called up" with my BSA Explorer Post for "R&R duty" after CARLA, with the CPSD. = I spent my LA Militia time preparing & serving food/drink to the "frontline groups".)

All these many years later, I well remember how TERRIBLE that CARLA was.- She was a HORROR STORY of the 1st Class, as she "washed away" Cameron Parish, LA & DBs were found for months.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    IMO, the vast majority of groups that call themselves a "militia" are idiots! A bunch of wannabe's looking to join a group to feel like they are something special and important. Or as some are, either far right-wing, or far left-wing radical extremists wanting to validate their cause for whatever reasons.

Militia may have held a different meaning decades ago, but for myself, any group that adds the word "militia" to their name is one I would never belong to for any amount of money.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    IMO, the vast majority of groups that call themselves a "militia" are idiots! A bunch of wannabe's looking to join a group to feel like they are something special and important. Or as some are, either far right-wing, or far left-wing radical extremists wanting to validate their cause for whatever reasons.

Militia may have held a different meaning decades ago, but for myself, any group that adds the word "militia" to their name is one I would never belong to for any amount of money.

Axxe55,

GOOD. - We local volunteers will be sure to NOT ask you to help on the day that we must organize for "local defense" AFTER a MAJOR NATURAL/MANMADE DISASTER.
    (We neither NEED or WANT the "help" of persons who don't desire to help others in an emergency and/or won't accept directions.)

yours, satx

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Axxe55,

GOOD. - We local volunteers will be sure to NOT ask you to help on the day that we must organize for "local defense" AFTER a MAJOR NATURAL/MANMADE DISASTER.
    (We neither NEED or WANT the "help" of persons who don't desire to help others in an emergency and/or won't accept directions.)

yours, satx
    Do not attempt to confuse with facts minds that are all ready made up!

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    >

"SEE WHAT THEY DID?"
    Your statement is false:
    The above article is from ABC which stated,
    "Two of the Guard members had "inappropriate" text and comment, presumably of a political nature, while the other 10 had engaged in questionable behavior unrelated to extremism."
    The above is from NBC, "The other 10 members were removed because of questions raised including a review of their criminal records and other information."

Should I keep finding other news sources....don't see nothing about militias...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Do not attempt to confuse with facts minds that are all ready made up!

Doug1515,

SPOT ON. - After CARLA, the local parish sheriff told several people that they were "unsuitable" & to RETURN HOME & STAY THERE.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

yours, satx

The last disaster emergency we had in our county, in 1987, was a tornado that did millions of dollars of damage, and extensive property damage in the county.

There was a "militia" group that was trying to "organize" and try and help out, but the Keystone Cops would have better suited for the task than that group of idiots.

Whatever opinions many of you may have about a "militia" is entirely your business and that is fine with me. But mine being different from my own personal observations are mine.

Top Bottom