• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I was jesting. I actually do look at mulitple sources for information. The Drudge Report and Fox have lost me lately here is a list of various sources that I review:

Then add a lot of foreign news sources to the above and our domestic news services even though most are just recants with talking points from the same source!

Granted everything is taken with a grain of salt!
    There is a lot of information out there, a lot of opinion, and a lot of sensationalism.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Interesting, so at least one story from AP story stated "right-wing militia ties" which started the basis of the thread! I am sure it was recanted multiple times by the other news agencies. It goes along with the saying that initial reports are never right...

"Hokanson’s comments refute a Tuesday story from the Associated Press that all 12 troops removed from the Capitol had right-wing militia ties. "

Contradictory story with the above link most likely quoting the AP story:

"All of them were found to have ties with right-wing militia groups as well."

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I hate reading trash like that. Not one news source will ever say such and such or group has ties to left wing groups.

Sooner or later simply voting republican will be viewed as extremist. That reason alone should be justified reason or understanding why people join a militia.

This is a great topic my main opinion is keep the insults out of it? Keep an open mind? I don’t enjoy seeing ourselves lash out at each other when this is a time we clearly need to come together. I don’t think it’s right to demonize people who are pro militia. Imo it’s important for people to learn in what ways to present a group or concept to others. Its also important to follow a chain of command and act appropriately. As I have already said if Abbott refuses to infringe on Texas citizens then he’s upholding the law and thus he commands the militia. I’m going to be pissed if he caves but that’s a conversation for if that happens.

Last edited:

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I would like to add that people need to look at all of the information and facts before reacting to something posted. Let people know where you read it or heard it so that we can look at it like adults.

Opinions are just that opinions. Don't get butt hurt if someone disagrees with you!

Everything needs to be taken into context and perspective. We do not want people to over-react over something that is not true.

Emotions are high and people should not react off of emotions.

However, if you break the law then expect to pay the price.

That includes breaking the Uniformed Code of Military Justice if you are in the Guard, Active Duty or Reserves.

If you didn't chose to vote then you shouldn't complain.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I would like to add that people need to look at all of the information and facts before reacting to something posted. Let people know where you read it or heard it so that we can look at it like adults.

Opinions are just that opinions. Don't get butt hurt if someone disagrees with you!

Everything needs to be taken into context and perspective. We do not want people to over-react over something that is not true.

Emotions are high and people should not react off of emotions.

However, if you break the law then expect to pay the price.

That includes breaking the Uniformed Code of Military Justice if you are in the Guard, Active Duty or Reserves.

If you didn't chose to vote then you shouldn't complain.

Opinions are just that, opinions. Many times, mine are a product of my experiences and observations, good or bad. Sometimes my opinions coincide with what many others think or believe, and sometimes I have unpopular opinions, but they are what I believe.

Last I checked, there was still a 1st Amendment, with freedom speech, and the right to express an opinion, regardless of whether it was agreeable or not.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Never said that. My post was aimed at helping members settle down. Look at what Texas law says and go from there.

Sam7sf,

WHEN/IF you spend a LOT LESS TIME "helping members settle down" & start learning the TRUTH about how utterly dishonest that the LEFTIST MEDIA is about volunteers like our family, who show up in the immediate period after a severe emergency to try to do whatever we can to make the effects of a MANMADE/NATURAL DISASTER less damaging, I may care at least a little about your opinions.

When LIARS & self-important/ignorant people post dishonest comments, I see no reason to NOT point out their IGNORANCE, FOOLISHNESS & DISHONESTY of the facts about volunteers, who try to help with the R&R & restoration of peace. = For example, referring to common militia members, who are volunteers, as "beer swilling rednecks" is IGNORANT of FACTS, nasty/hateful & generally just DISHONEST
    (IF pointing out the truth about their dishonest comments/opinions insults the nitwits/bigots/haters/fools, so be it.)

yours, satx

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sam7sf,

WHEN/IF you spend a LOT LESS TIME "helping members settle down" & start learning the TRUTH about how utterly dishonest that the LEFTIST MEDIA is about volunteers like our family, who show up in the immediate period after a severe emergency to try to do whatever we can to make the effects of a MANMADE/NATURAL DISASTER less damaging, I may care at least a little about your opinions.

When LIARS & self-important/ignorant people post dishonest comments, I see no reason to NOT point out their IGNORANCE, FOOLISHNESS & DISHONESTY of the facts about volunteers, who try to help with the R&R & restoration of peace. = For example, referring to common militia members, who are volunteers, as "beer swilling rednecks" is IGNORANT of FACTS, nasty/hateful & generally just DISHONEST
    (IF pointing out the truth about their dishonest comments/opinions insults the nitwits/haters/fools, so be it.)

yours, satx
    Insult people and be as snarky as you want you’re just proving some points I made.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Insult people and be as snarky as you want you’re just proving some points I made.

Sam7sf,

As I said when you spend a lot less time worrying if BIGOTS/HATERS/FOOLS are insulted, your opinions will be better received by those of us who have many years as "after the disaster volunteers" and who are sick of being attacked/denigrated for our volunteer efforts by those sorts of people.

yours, satx

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sam7sf,

As I said when you spend a lot less time worrying if BIGOTS/HATERS/FOOLS are insulted, your opinions will be better received by those of us who have many years as "after the disaster volunteers" and who are sick of being attacked/denigrated for our volunteer efforts by those sorts of people.

yours, satx
    I get it. It’s frustrating. What doesn’t help educate others is insulting them.

The challenging thing about freedom of speech is it challenges you in how you respond and change someone’s mind.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yeah, we need a balance. Some people’s minds aren’t going to be changed, but others will. OTOH, if someone calls me a they, I’m not standing up for it, I want to be called a man and am not giving up that ground. We need to disallow the left their tactic of redefining everything. The 2A uses the word militia and we need to hold them to it’s positive meaning and refuse to let it become a smear word. That means good people need to dare to use the word properly and behave properly when using it, also.

I don’t actually have a group to work with but believe more of us need to start organizing the right kind of militias for Constitutional purposes and with strict self-discipline.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I get it. It’s frustrating. What doesn’t help educate others is insulting them.

The challenging thing about freedom of speech is it challenges you in how you respond and change someone’s mind.

Insulting people that have an opposing viewpoint is disrespectful and well as demeaning, and it sure doesn't make them want to listen to another opinion that may be different than the one they have.

Also insults being thrown around, means that person may be a bit defensive of their own opinions and doesn't like to have them challenged in a discussion.

Someone insulting me, or insulting my intelligence, doesn't make me mad, but I tend to get real close-minded to anything else they may have to say, regardless of how valid any other points they may have.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    BobK,

GIVEN the OUTRIGHT hatefulness of some of Biden's "inner circle" toward the ARNG, my GUESS is that it was ZERO of 12 who "took it a little too far".= The MORON LEFT obviously HATES the NATIONAL GUARD & (I suspect) all other GIs, too.
    (ONE "advisor" to the new POTUS called the Guardsmen a "crowd of STUPID, UNEDUCATED A--H---s in matching clothes." = She cannot DENY her vulgar comment, as it was on video & posted on the WWW.)

Bob, As you are a vet too, I suggest that it's time for you to STOP defending the DIMocRAT HATERS.

just my OPINION, satx

I know you are big on FACTS and jump on folks who post their opinions, so can you provide a link to this story? I used your quoted term of “crowd of stupid, uneducated a-holes in matching clothes” and the WWW did not find anything. Where are YOU getting your information? Source for your quote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I know you are big on FACTS and jump on folks who post their opinions, so can you provide a link to this story? I used your quoted term of “crowd of stupid, uneducated a-holes in matching clothes” and the WWW did not find anything. Where are YOU getting your information? Source for your quote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That was actually SATX that stated that.

You will have to ask him where he got that from. Post 40 in this thread.

1611510598632.png

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yeah, we need a balance. Some people’s minds aren’t going to be changed, but others will. OTOH, if someone calls me a they, I’m not standing up for it, I want to be called a man and am not giving up that ground. We need to disallow the left their tactic of redefining everything. The 2A uses the word militia and we need to hold them to it’s positive meaning and refuse to let it become a smear word. That means good people need to dare to use the word properly and behave properly when using it, also.

I don’t actually have a group to work with but believe more of us need to start organizing the right kind of militias for Constitutional purposes and with strict self-discipline.

Rhino,

I could recommend several GOOD groups to get involved in, IF you want to be involved in "after the storm" R&R & other related volunteer recovery efforts. = RED CROSS, SAMARITAN'S PURSE, BAPTIST MEN, TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS, TEXAS STATE GUARD, ARRL, SALVATION ARMY & STORMWATCH. - IF you happen to reside near the TX-LA border, you might also become a supporter/associate of the CAJUN NAVY.
    (At one time or other over the last half-century plus, I've worked/coordinated with all of those organizations.)

yours, satx

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Insulting people that have an opposing viewpoint is disrespectful and well as demeaning, and it sure doesn't make them want to listen to another opinion that may be different than the one they have.

Also insults being thrown around, means that person may be a bit defensive of their own opinions and doesn't like to have them challenged in a discussion.

Someone insulting me, or insulting my intelligence, doesn't make me mad, but I tend to get real close-minded to anything else they may have to say, regardless of how valid any other points they may have.
    Yessir. I believe I can change your mind on how you view a militia, but it starts with a respectable conversation. Satx is very proud of the work he’s done. Most people who join a militia are proud people. They love this country. I love this country. You love this country. Without going into a long conversation I think we can agree with good training and selecting the right people a militia can do good things.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I was jesting. I actually do look at mulitple sources for information. The Drudge Report and Fox have lost me lately here is a list of various sources that I review:

Then add a lot of foreign news sources to the above and our domestic news services even though most are just recants with talking points from the same source!

Granted everything is taken with a grain of salt!
    There is a lot of information out there, a lot of opinion, and a lot of sensationalism.
    That's a pretty good list of sources. I had never heard of rantingly, so I will check them out. OANN and Newsmax, the wife and I watch on Pluto.tv, so we get a fair amount from them.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Rhino,

I could recommend several GOOD groups to get involved in, IF you want to be involved in "after the storm" R&R & other related volunteer recovery efforts. = RED CROSS, SAMARITAN'S PURSE, BAPTIST MEN, TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS, TEXAS STATE GUARD, ARRL, SALVATION ARMY & STORMWATCH. - IF you happen to reside near the TX-LA border, you might also become a supporter/associate of the CAJUN NAVY.
    (At one time or other over the last half-century plus, I've worked/coordinated with all of those organizations.)

yours, satx

While many of those are good orgs from what I know of them, and definitely fill needed roles, I do not believe they are what the founders intended by the 2nd Amendment.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yessir. I believe I can change your mind on how you view a militia, but it starts with a respectable conversation. Satx is very proud of the work he’s done. Most people who join a militia are proud people. They love this country. I love this country. You love this country. Without going into a long conversation I think we can agree with good training and selecting the right people a militia can do good things.

I do have my own opinions about militias. The two links I looked at last night that EZE posted, showed two different approaches to being a militia. One seemed rather organized and wanting to be a part of the community and wanting to do positive things for the community. They were in appearances from what I read, organized, structured and principled.

The other, left a lot to be desired, and appeared to be a bunch of men, possibly some women, that wanted to go out in the woods in camo and guns and act like a bunch of wannabe Rambo's. A group that is spoiling for a fight and wanting some event to happen so they have a reason to go out and shoot people.

Personally, I'm beyond the point I'll ever consider joining any militia, because of my age and my temperament and I don't follow others very well. I have seen more than a few in the media getting bad press because of the viewpoints and ideology they seem to follow. I have very little time or energy to devote to discerning between a good militia, or a bad one, so for the most part, I really want nothing to do with any of them.

Frankly, to be honest, there really isn't anything any militia can offer me, that myself or my family can't do for ourselves.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I've several times mentioned our extended family's volunteers. SOME of their assorted efforts were:
    1. My late wife (Vickie Kay) was a fashion/photographic model & after one hurricane in the early 1980s, she gathered together a group of other models & "the girlfriends" quickly "chipped in" to buy an 18-wheeler full of ICE & paid to ship it to the disaster area.
    (As there was no power & little refrigeration available, that truckload of ice helped the R&R effort significantly.).
    2. My second cousin Will T. B__________ twice "took off from work" as a pipe-liner, hooked up his bass-boat & spent several days "pulling people out of trees & off of rooftops" after a hurricane flooded everything.
    (The Cajun Navy thinks of him as "one of ours", even though he is from Gregg County, TX.)
    3. My late mother, who often said that she was "just a housewife" & "did nothing important" several times paid for supplies & had them delivered to the "affected area".
    and
    4. My very petite/current lady (while we were still dating), said, "IF you think I'm staying home 'to twiddle my thumbs', you're crazy. --- I'm coming with you.". - She threw her suitcase into the PU & very soon after we arrived in the disaster area, she was busily organizing other young women to find/purchase/prepare/deliver a lot of food/drink to the volunteers & to people who were displaced by the hurricane.

IMO, most everyone has their talents & whatever they can/will do is a HELP, when things are a MESS.

just my opinions, satx

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    To All,

I've several times mentioned our extended family's volunteers. SOME of their assorted efforts were:
    1. My late wife (Vickie Kay) was a fashion/photographic model & after one hurricane in the early 1980s, she gathered together a group of other models & "the girlfriends" quickly "chipped in" to buy an 18-wheeler full of ICE & paid to ship it to the disaster area.
    (As there was no power & little refrigeration available, that truckload of ice helped the R&R effort significantly.).
    2. My second cousin Will T. B__________ twice "took off from work" as a pipe-liner, hooked up his bass-boat & spent several days "pulling people out of trees & off of rooftops" after a hurricane flooded everything.
    (The Cajun Navy thinks of him as "one of ours", even though he is from Gregg County, TX.)
    3. My late mother, who often said that she was "just a housewife" & "did nothing important" several times paid for supplies & had them delivered to the "affected area".
    and
    4. My very petite/current lady (while we were still dating), said, "IF you think I'm staying home 'to twiddle my thumbs', you're crazy. --- I'm coming with you.". - She threw her suitcase into the PU & very soon after we arrived in the disaster area, she was busily organizing other young women to find/purchase/prepare/deliver a lot of food/drink to the volunteers & to people who were displaced by the hurricane.

IMO, most everyone has their talents & whatever they can/will do is a HELP, when things are a MESS.

just my opinions, satx
    And I hope you and those around you continue to make people’s lives better.

Top Bottom