• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I didn't see this posted here elsewhere so I put it here.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-richard-overton

"Richard Overton is 110 years old and is the oldest living United States veteran. He is a veteran of World War II and currently lives in his home in Austin, Texas.

"Richard has out lived all of his closest relatives and is in need of 24/7 home care. We are asking for donations to keep him living in his home instead of a nursing home."

Guns International

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    May God bless this old fellow.

The report I read today said he is in good health, smokes cigars, has a home in Austin (since 1946), but has outlived his immediate family.

Since he does not need full-time skilled nursing care, nor wants to go into a retirement home, there is no provision in the VA system to give him a full-time caretaker at his home.

Yet, in the same report, there were about six or seven much younger fellows "Smoking & Joking" with him. All seemed able but perhaps not willing to knock out a few hours of their time to help the fellow with his daily routine.

So, they start a Go Fund Me account so they won't have to bust their sorry asses to help the fellow they yukked up with in the report.

So Sad that "Community" is now all about ducking for cover while someone else will pay the bills and find some stranger to give him comfort.

Who needs friends like that?

Be well.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    May God bless this old fellow.

The report I read today said he is in good health, smokes cigars, has a home in Austin (since 1946), but has outlived his immediate family.

Since he does not need full-time skilled nursing care, nor wants to go into a retirement home, there is no provision in the VA system to give him a full-time caretaker at his home.

Yet, in the same report, there were about six or seven much younger fellows "Smoking & Joking" with him. All seemed able but perhaps not willing to knock out a few hours of their time to help the fellow with his daily routine.

So, they start a Go Fund Me account so they won't have to bust their sorry asses to help the fellow they yukked up with in the report.

So Sad that "Community" is now all about ducking for cover while someone else will pay the bills and find some stranger to give him comfort.

Who needs friends like that?

Be well.

I pray you never need help.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR