• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I keep hearing folks finding ammo at Academy. My Academy must be the last stop for the delivery truck, cause we never have anything.

its the neckbeards, just hold steady don't buy from scalpers tell your friends who shoot to do the same and the supply will come back. I'm already seeing prices go down online, that means supply is coming back.
    Venture Surplus ad

llbts1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Aledo, Texas
    DP667, I hope you are right. Just for grins I went by my Academy, Cherry Lane, on my way home from work. 2 boxes of 7mm-08 and some 28 gauge. Neither I could use. Talked to the cranky, old, bored guy at the gun bar. He told me that they were getting 9mm and 556 in but its always gone 1st thing in the morning.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    DP667, I hope you are right. Just for grins I went by my Academy, Cherry Lane, on my way home from work. 2 boxes of 7mm-08 and some 28 gauge. Neither I could use. Talked to the cranky, old, bored guy at the gun bar. He told me that they were getting 9mm and 556 in but its always gone 1st thing in the morning.

The online prices are starting to drop, when you check ammoseek it's no longer +1DPR and is hovering around 80cpr for 556 and 72cpr for 223.. 9mm is hovering around 60cpr. Yes that's expensive but it's dropping. I just don't buy anything. I haven't bought any ammunition in now it will be a year this week since I last ordered. I did buy some 22LR from a board member at 10cpr but I was paying that at stores pre covid. I refuse to buy from scalpers or even board members that are participating in this bullshit. (you know who you are you pieces of crap)

If everyone would just "hold the line" this would end, but people are stupid and they panic. If the world ends how much ammo can you carry? Not a whole hell of a lot and most people live in cities which would be a place you would need to move from pretty quickly. Just don't buy. This is going to end. It's taking longer because of a host of variables and stupidity, but it will end.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    This past weekend I bought 2 200 round boxes of m193 ball from Winchester for 130$ a box.

yeah that’s more then I used to pay, but damnit it was here and available.
    This purchase made me feel more confident in my 556 stock, I have plenty of low grade 223 if I really want to go shooting.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    This past weekend I bought 2 200 round boxes of m193 ball from Winchester for 130$ a box.

yeah that’s more then I used to pay, but damnit it was here and available.
    This purchase made me feel more confident in my 556 stock, I have plenty of low grade 223 if I really want to go shooting.
    I made the same purchase. Like you I didn't really need it but.... Went to another Academy and they had the same deal, passed on it that time.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Bought a 1000 round box 22lr Winchester black at Cabela's last week for 67.00 + tax. that's about as good as it gets retail lately. They wouldn't let me buy but that one box. They had 100 rnd x 5 CCi 22 lr as well but again limit one on bulk ammo.

jigtossin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    El Paso, TX
    Counter Guy said Tue. and Friday. He seemed a bit hesitant to say, you may want to call.

Will try calling tomorrow and see what's available. I can probably swing over there on Friday morning. By any chance, do you know if people are waiting outside before opening hours?

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Will try calling tomorrow and see what's available. I can probably swing over there on Friday morning. By any chance, do you know if people are waiting outside before opening hours?
    I went one day a couple of weeks ago and saw a line ( I thought the opened at 8:00AM and this was 8:45) so I just kept driving. They now have a two box limit so I have found all my ammo latter in the day ( two boxes of .223 one day and 2 boxes of .40 S & W SD latter in the week. They still had .45 SD ammo when I was there.

jigtossin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    El Paso, TX
    I went one day a couple of weeks ago and saw a line ( I thought the opened at 8:00AM and this was 8:45) so I just kept driving. They now have a two box limit so I have found all my ammo latter in the day ( two boxes of .223 one day and 2 boxes of .40 S & W SD latter in the week.

Ahh thank you for the intel! I guess I will test my luck out here then! Hoping to snag some 45s mainly and some 9s on the side.

Top Bottom