• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Pickton
    Hi everyone. I recently acquired a GSG Firefly (same as Sig mosquito) and I have found that it will jam on the next to last shot. Unless I use cci or Remington thunderbolt ammo. Anybody else notice this problem? Other than that, I absolutely love the gun.
    Target Sports

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I have one too. Although I've only shot it once, I used CCI and Aquila high speeds and didn't have any problems after the first 50 rounds. Sort of a break in period. Altogether I put 300 rounds through it at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA, where I lived before I moved here to Austin this past summer. I also bought some new, old stock SIG Mosquito magazines and they worked fine. Don't know exactly why yours would jam at the end of the magazine.

Not much help but at least we both have nice shooting guns.

Chris

Ejmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Pickton
    I did some further research since posting and found that you can mitigate a lot of the failure to eject/failure to fully load by grinding down and polishing the feed ramp. It's a 2 piece design and at least on mine it was not very refined. I ground it and polished it up and now I can shoot most brands through it. I shot about 100 rounds of Remington golden bullet value pack through it and it didn't jam once. Whereas before it would almost always jam with those.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I really like the mosquito, but have read about too many problems with them...including close friends who know guns really well.

Curious to hear how these work out for you guys when you put some rounds thru them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ejmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Pickton
    Here are a few pictures

Attachments

• 20181219_212942.jpg
      20181219_212942.jpg
      957.9 KB · Views: 902
    • 20181219_212950.jpg
      20181219_212950.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 908

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I really like the mosquito, but have read about too many problems with them...including close friends who know guns really well.

Curious to hear how these work out for you guys when you put some rounds thru them.

I have a SIG Skeeter that was problematic, but at the range a fellow shooter recommended I run it really wet (oiled) especially concentrating on the small hole in the side of the slide. Since I didn't have anything to lose, I oiled that sucker up and found it runs a lot more reliably. Might want to give that a try if you ever get one...

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    mine had never given me a problem. first 500 rounds were minimags. it now runs reliably with those or the remi golden bullets.

yes, it definitely likes being oiled up.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    When I first ran mine, I lubed it up, ran about 250 rounds though it with no problem. Didn't clean or lube it, next time at the range, it would FTF about every 10 to 15 rounds. Cleaned/lubed it again, then didn't notice any issues. This was running Aguilar and Federal, both had the jamming issues and when cleaned and lubed, both ran perfectly. It seem on mine to prefer extra lube.

Top Bottom