• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Ok piston haters. My ar jammed this week. I took it down to inspect it and my awesome melonite coated reverse piston system is stuck together.
    Its made by Adams Arms and stamped Huldra. This is the only problem I've had. So I emailed Huldra Arms and they replied that they already sent the parts I need and a return shipping label for the stuck together parts.
    I tried to post pics of the stuck assembly but it says I met my quota?
    I should have the gun running again this week or next week. So I stand by my piston gun. I think it was my fault for not pulling the piston assembly out and cleaning it every time like I did with the bcg, feed ramps, bore and everything else.
    ARJ Defense ad

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    More of a pain in the ass to remove the rail and clean the piston gunk. Pistons are worthless on ar15s.

ETA and your gun is not functional. Di would still be running.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, piston is better than everything EVER so **** YOU!

Lol, J/K, hope you getter running again soon.

DI is how it was designed and how it should stay.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    More of a pain in the ass to remove the rail and clean the piston gunk. Pistons are worthless on ar15s.

ETA and your gun is not functional. Di would still be running.
    who said anything about removing handguards? The piston/pushrod pulls out of the front of the gas block. It'll be running again soon. This at is made for Russian milsurp spam can ammo. It's corrosive ammo and this keeps the expensive stuff cleaner. The piston got stuck because I didn't clean it enough. Piston ars have a place. It's just not in your gun vault. This is the first time it's not functioned properly in over 1200rds of corrosive Russian ammo from the 80s. Total cost of shot ammo is less that 200$. Total on broke parts =0$. 2 days down so far.
    I just bought another spam can today 1080rds at 159+ 28$ shipping.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Definitely sounds like user error. ;)

ETA: I own 10-12 AR's, all DI, and will probably never own a piston AR....but I'm not a "hater." :)

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I doubt a di ar15 would have any problems running 7n6. In fact s&w first came out with a 5.45 upper built around corrosive ammo. It was di. I don't hate a piston. Its not my money being wasted. Unless you have a sbr with a can, a piston on an ar15 is unnecessary.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I doubt a di ar15 would have any problems running 7n6. In fact s&w first came out with a 5.45 upper built around corrosive ammo. It was di. I don't hate a piston. Its not my money being wasted. Unless you have a sbr with a can, a piston on an ar15 is unnecessary.
    It's not money being wasted. It's being put to use at a rate of 100-200 rds a month. I wasn't about to spend the money on the s&w when it's not coated as good as the spikes di 5.45 upper, but there was another option at the time in Adams arms. Same price as the other 2, same melonite coating on the entire upper insides and barrel and flash hider. It was in stock too with a good warranty.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol. I sure took the bait on this one. I don't have anything against pistons. I think if you like it awesome for you. I just find it funny that yours broke at 100-200 rounds per month. I thought it was a "game changer" per red jacket lol. I've tried the osprey ops-416. I wanted a lightweight gun when Ruger came out with the boat anchor. It works fine but is no more reliable than di. Sorry if I've offended.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Lol. I sure took the bait on this one. I don't have anything against pistons. I think if you like it awesome for you. I just find it funny that yours broke at 100-200 rounds per month. I thought it was a "game changer" per red jacket lol. I've tried the osprey ops-416. I wanted a lightweight gun when Ruger came out with the boat anchor. It works fine but is no more reliable than di. Sorry if I've offended.
    we can go kick some puppies later on if you want to Bigun???? maybe push some old people down some stairs.....:roflfunny:

Top Bottom