• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    ....to find. This is from Alan Korwin, author of Gun Laws of America, among others.

I have not seen it, as I reload, but he usually is pretty good on his info.

HOLD ON, there IS hope !

Don't ROAST ME if YOUR store doesn't have much , right now. I am just passing along info, as I hear it PERIOD !

Ammo Shortage Ending

The lamestream media told you:
    Nothing.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:
    Ammo's back, stores are cutting their desperate orders for quantity, and manufacturers are starting to gag on excess inventory built up during the rush to supply demand, according to several sources and Miwall, the huge ammo wholesaler serving western state gun shows. The good news -- prices are starting to drop too. "We're getting new pricing almost daily," the wholesaler says, and that's expected to continue into the holidays. Probably. WalMart reportedly had 100-round boxes of 9mm on the shelves for $19.95.

Marksmen, most of whom already have sizeable supplies, topped off until they are practically out of space, and their wives reportedly won't let them start storing the stuff in the kitchen. "None of us had a personal shortage," says one anonymous sportsman with a knowing grin, "it's just that we had a hard time replacing supplies or getting goods at cheap prices, so we went to the range less, and worried."

According to an unpublished study I did for a think tank, Americans buy between five and nine billion rounds of ammo a year, virtually none of which is used in crime (the shooting sports are the number 2 consumer sport in the nation, behind exercise and ahead of golf).

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I was at Sports Academy on Sunday and the shelves were packed with pistol ammo. However, I found cheaper price on JHP at my gun range. Go figure

512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    i never bought into the hype from the beginning.

I have two friends that work at major law firms, one in new york and one in D.C., and they informed me from the beginning that it would be political suicide for the administration to make any drastic laws concerning firearms.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah

I have two friends that work at major law firms, one in new york and one in D.C., and they informed me from the beginning that it would be political suicide for the administration to make any drastic laws concerning firearms.

It wasn't just about Obama...during that time raw materials like Copper, steal, and lead was selling for a premium. This caused a spike in prices until the baltic index came crashing down.

Anyhow, our local Academy is starting to keep steel cased .223 and 7.62 on the shelves but pistol calibers are still in short supply.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was in an Academy yesterday and noticed the ammo shelves were a lot fuller than they used to be. I shoot mainly 9mm and .45ACP and haven't been having any problem keeping enough ammo on hand for my needs now for a couple of months. Maybe we've turned the corner

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio

I agree, we won't see any attempt to implement gun control in one fell swoop but what must be guarded against is the "little by little" method the anti-gun nuts use. We already see limits on how many handguns or how much ammo can be purchased per month in some states and I feel sure that the "assault weapons" ban is going to be revisited in the near future by the current administration. Unless there are some serious changes in the 2010 elections the crowd in D.C. has a great opportunity to do a lot of damage in the next few years, even without making drastic all-at-once changes.

I feel like we're the frog in the water that has the heat slowly being turned up. If the frog is dropped in boiling water he'll jump right out. Put him in a pot of cool water and increase the heat gradually and he's cooked before he knows it. Losing our rights (any of them, not just 2nd Amendment) will be an insidious process so we won't notice before it's too late.

Sorry about the rant and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just feel strongly about this issue.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    the guy i buy my reloading supplies and ammo from told me that Federal produces 4 million rounds of 22LR a day (may be a week, dont see this many being run in a day, but bear with me). He gives me this figure, and if there are 4 million being run a day, that means that there are almost 1.5 billion being run a year. Where the hell are all of the 22LR being stored at? And for that matter, if someone has them stored up, how the hell are they shooting that many 22LR? :banghead:

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    ammo

I just got back from Wally World, I bought 1box of wwb 100 pack of 9mm, I reload, I can buy loaded 9mm cheaper than I can find new brass. When my wife shoots them I will reload them.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I just got back from Wally World, I bought 1box of wwb 100 pack of 9mm, I reload, I can buy loaded 9mm cheaper than I can find new brass. When my wife shoots them I will reload them.

I have found several websites that see once fired brass. something like 1k 9mm brass for $44 shipped from midway. i've also seen widners too.

not all of it is usable, but most of it is after some cleaning and prepping.

I always did find it odd to buy brass for 15 cents when you can buy loaded ammo for 22 cents a shot.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    When searching the websites trying to find components, I have noticed that ammo is showing up with more regularity. There are still a lot of holes in components availability.

azndragon684

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Houston
    quick question...i see most of yall buy your ammo from stores such as academy sporting good places and walmart... which leads me to my question...do any of yall buy your ammo online?

for example like Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices. ? my cousin informed me upon this site cause he only buys from online since his .357 are so expensive... and i notice that site sells in bulk and give a free storage boxes...what's yall input? thanks

Top Bottom