• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's certainly no "winning" this little discussion. Its does point out the differences in what is important to people though. Kinda like the grazers at the grocery store. The samples are "free food" so you might as well get as much of it as you can, right? Or the "free stuff" table at work, where one person takes it all and squirrels it away "because it's free." If you feel OK with yourself for doing shit like that, fine, but don't be surprised when others turn a cold shoulder.

On the ammo scalping, some of us are of a completely different mindset. During the .22LR shortage I was at the range one day and a dad was there shooting with his two young kids. They were being very careful with their usage, taking time between shots, etc. It was quickly apparent he was sharing a single box of 50 between his two kids. They finished the box and start to pack up. You know what felt better than offering to sell him another box for $10? Plunking two boxes on the table and telling I thought he was being a great Dad, and please feel free to keep shooting. The smiles on the kids' faces alone was more than worth it.

I'm not saying we need to go around giving away ammo, but I do think it's worth considering there are people like that Dad who might be stopping by the store hoping to grab a box or two to actually use. If y'all are enjoying the sport of neckbearding, you're invariably keeping people from enjoying the sport of shooting. You're kinda like the Karens panic buying up all the crapper paper. You already have a closet full, the manufacturers haven't stopped producing it, so all you're doing is interrupting the supply chain and making a mess of the availability. Left alone to match regular consumption levels, the shelves would go back to being stocked.

Sergioloera

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Laredo, TX
    Wow this is pretty nuts I just wanted to know if anyone would like to swap 9mm which is what I use for 5.56 which I don’t have any firearms chambered in 5.56 but have occasionally been in situations where that’s what’s there and no 9 and I could grab that and swap for some 9mm if anyone had done the reverse and wanted to do something like that. I can see how it came across like begging from the wording but, well **** me for being noob right, ‍ Agh learning is such a fun experience

Sergioloera

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Laredo, TX
    This has been pretty funny honestly and I’ll admit I didn’t read all of it cause I don’t really care, but not so quick replies I started an argument with a post that I forgot I made on an account I forgot I made, I’ve had some pretty big dumb blonde moments for a fat dark haired Mexican boy huh? Glenn I think it was, about the reselling and the “fair” price thing and all that. I’m not sure what I meant by fair price man honestly can’t remember what I was doing or thinking when I posted didn’t think it was important I figured it would be an ignored post on a forum that no one would pay attention to given I know little to nothing about guns, and haven’t had one for a long time, but I don’t see anything wrong with what you or any resellers do, by all means man I believe in America. I just don’t have gun folks in the old family and friends pile, so I figured I’d ask in general again thinking it would be negligible and maybe a Laredo resident would be interested in swapping every now and then just small time stuff. Again I don’t know how this forum works. And again I didn’t think I was begging, I’ve never been given anything so I don’t actually even know how to take “hand outs” don’t like it feels weird. Alrighty just as a final note before I forget about this again, ( and while I’m at it I’ll embrace the valley girl thing) I guess I just kinda like meant to maybe hear from someone in my city that was maybe in a similar bind as me again new or ignorant and was finding a particular type of ammo they didn’t need easier than one they did and would like maybe think I’ll get this and swap for something similar in the caliber I do need, as I write that it gets clearer to me how little sense it makes but again bear with me here I wasn’t in any way saying hey someone spot me some ammo while I scratch my nuts cause I deserve it cause I’m new or whatever have you. In conclusion I’d like to ask if anyone knows why this wasn’t just ignored like the insignificant random post from a nobody that it was? Cause I really didn’t think anyone would read the incoherent garble of run ons and actually start a whole thing from it. I actually don’t even know what to do now do I delete do I move, do I use the ammo I do have to put one in the old noggin for being an ignorant “commie” dumbass or does it just get forgotten and I just ask other random innocuous incoherent gun questions?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wow this is pretty nuts I just wanted to know if anyone would like to swap 9mm which is what I use for 5.56 which I don’t have any firearms chambered in 5.56 but have occasionally been in situations where that’s what’s there and no 9 and I could grab that and swap for some 9mm if anyone had done the reverse and wanted to do something like that. I can see how it came across like begging from the wording but, well **** me for being noob right, ‍ Agh learning is such a fun experience
    Welcome back to the Forum!

Top Bottom