• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    ...and probably priced higher that a kite.

I guess if NOBODY anywhere has any ammo and I was totally out...I'd buy from Gander, but with 10 minutes of looking around on the web, I can usually beat Gander Mtns overly inflated prices.

- brickboy240

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I only wish I'd seen this post a couple days ago. I'll stop by on my way home today, but it's probably all gone by now. LOL

Luv2Shoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    ...and probably priced higher that a kite.

I guess if NOBODY anywhere has any ammo and I was totally out...I'd buy from Gander, but with 10 minutes of looking around on the web, I can usually beat Gander Mtns overly inflated prices.

- brickboy240

Lets face it cheap ammo is a thing of the past...

Luv2Shoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    I only wish I'd seen this post a couple days ago. I'll stop by on my way home today, but it's probably all gone by now. LOL

Dropped by about 4:30 today there was still pleanty of ammo left.

.40 some...
    .38 sp +p
    .223 55gr
    .45 gap

Luv2Shoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Luv2shoot
    what were there prices like

The day of cheap ammo is gone. I would say they are higher than Midway USA and Cheaper than Dirt.

I picked up 10 boxes of Hornady Leverevolution 45 long colt for $25 / 20rd box, about $5.00 higher but they have them in stock. People can advertise for less but they usually don't have them in shock.

I say buy what you can. When you can. Where you can...

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    I know this may not help alot of you, BUT...Academy gets their ammo shipments every mon-wed-fri. They never know what is coming but if you shoot .45ACP or 9mm like me, you can get lucky if you have time to stop in shortly after open.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I know this may not help alot of you, BUT...Academy gets their ammo shipments every mon-wed-fri. They never know what is coming but if you shoot .45ACP or 9mm like me, you can get lucky if you have time to stop in shortly after open.

Thanks for the tip. Those bastards at my Academy would never tell me when their shipment dates are, but I really can't say I blame them.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Thanks for the tip. Those bastards at my Academy would never tell me when their shipment dates are, but I really can't say I blame them.
    They guys in Southlake are super nice. They called me last time to let me know they had 20 boxes of Blazer .45 ACP left and asked if I wanted them to hold it for me. (I just use the ammo at the range) Also bought 20 boxes of 9mm range ammo for $200 that sat

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Went to the Academy (1 hr. ago) in Pearland to get deer corn, which they didn't have. They did have plenty (more than 4 boxes)of Monarch (Red/Blk box) in 9MM and 45acp. Half an hour later I was at the Academy on I45S@ Edgebrook. They had corn. They also had plenty of Monarch 9MM, .40cal, & .45ACP in the red/blk. box (brass). One guy asked for .32acp and I asked for .380ACP. the answer was NO, to both questions. I did get two of the 40cal boxes, 50ct./14.99 each. That's right....only 2boxes, left plenty for someone else. ;)

Top Bottom