• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainMorgan9119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2019
    Because California does random checks for gun and ammo purchases in Nevada.

How? Unless you check every car on the way back from Nevada there is no way for them to check. Also, you can't do a firearm transfer in a state you're not a resident of. Big federal deal there, and I doubt an FFL wants the ATF knocking on their door.

CaptainMorgan9119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2019
    They do periodic checks for people with California plates visiting LGS and gun shows

How would they know if you visited those locations though? Are they going into Nevada following those people and then just waiting for them until they cross back into CA? Because CA law enforcement doesn't have any type of jurisdiction in Nevada.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    How would they know if you visited those locations though? Are they going into Nevada following those people and then just waiting for them until they cross back into CA? Because CA law enforcement doesn't have any type of jurisdiction in Nevada.

They pop you as you cross the border.

All they need is a spotter saying a car is headed west.
    There’s literally nothing in the desert, so it’s pretty easy to figure out where anyone is headed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaptainMorgan9119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2019
    They pop you as you cross the border.

All they need is a spotter saying a car is headed west.
    There’s literally nothing in the desert, so it’s pretty easy to figure out where anyone is headed.

It just seems like a lot of resouces spent trying to figure out which CA residents are buying in Nevada. You're basically having to follow a lot of people around.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It just seems like a lot of resouces spent trying to figure out which CA residents are buying in Nevada. You're basically having to follow a lot of people around.
    California has had border Inspection stations for as long as can remember. My mother smuggled a Texas Pine tree. It died.

CaptainMorgan9119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2019
    California has had border Inspection stations for as long as can remember. My mother smuggled a Texas Pine tree. It died.

Yes. But one thing is at the border where you are stationary. It's another thing to go looking for people in a completely different state and follow them around until they make a purchase.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Yes. But one thing is at the border where you are stationary. It's another thing to go looking for people in a completely different state and follow them around until they make a purchase.
    No need. Sniff them out at the border. Can be done by both dogs and machines.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

One car, stationary, with one person in it, has clear sight lines everywhere.
    Or simply a few cameras.

No need to drive around and follow anybody.
    You see store parking lot.
    You see car go west.
    That road only goes one place, and every car is gonna hit the checkpoint regardless.

These are expansive desert areas not unlike west Texas.
    I’m not saying this is done often, or that it’s the crime of the century.
    Just that it has been done, typically on holiday weekends.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Our family got stopped at the Cali border back in the seventies and we had to throw all the vegetables and fruit we had for meals as we camped along the way.

We got to keep our lunch meat!!

Just to visit uncle Red and aunt Holley.

bob

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Our family got stopped at the Cali border back in the seventies and we had to throw all the vegetables and fruit we had for meals as we camped along the way.

We got to keep our lunch meat!!

Just to visit uncle Red and aunt Holley.

bob

I remember having to do the same thing going into Mississippi back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    CA authorities spend less money, time, & effort enforcing the NV border than TGT members have spent trying to s'plain things to FNG.

31STMEUSOC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    PA
    You better believe it will I left MA back in 1990 when I joined the USMC never returned it sucked you needed a FOID card to even buy BBs and BB guns that's how crazy things get. I fear we wont see maybe an election or two before it's over not trying to be doom and gloom but Americans are done with mass shootings it's amazing how long we held out but its comming Republicans are done with guns I know PA is about to cave and if our state is yours will too .

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    You better believe it will I left MA back in 1990 when I joined the USMC never returned it sucked you needed a FOID card to even buy BBs and BB guns that's how crazy things get. I fear we wont see maybe an election or two before it's over not trying to be doom and gloom but Americans are done with mass shootings it's amazing how long we held out but its comming Republicans are done with guns I know PA is about to cave and if our state is yours will too .

Unfortunately, none of this stuff will do anything to stop mass murder. So, they will continue to take more and more freedoms until we’re like Europe

UK-knife-bins.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom