• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Which do you prefer. Leaving your ammo in the boxes and then in ammo/storage cans or just all dumped out?

I just leave them in the boxes. For some reason I don't like the primers exposed. I know it's stupid and a round isn't going to go off but, it's just me.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Keep mine in boxes so I can keep track of what I have, then save the boxes and reuse when I reload. Considered getting a can or two and just using the boxes to ensure a minimum.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Ammo in boxes have dates and lot numbers. If something should happen to you then folks will know exactly what the ammo is and can sell it for a higher price.
    By the same token sized brass, powder, primers and bullets are more valuable seperate than as loaded ammo because folks don't have to worry about an overcharge.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Depends. Factory ammo like federal, pmc, etc stays in the the cartons any surplus ammo gets taken out and inspected and put in .50 cans with desiccant.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I keep the .45 ACP and 5.56 m855 penetrators in the boxes, stacked in the can. .223 federal, just dumped it into the can.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I leave mine boxed inside of the ammo cans. Makes it easier to keep track of a single guns round count plus, different mfgs. of the same caliber aren't mixed inside the can in case there is a firing/feeding problem.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I had a buddy that would buy bulk, dump it out and put it in his wife's empty tampon boxes. There was at least a box of 45ACP in every bathroom of his house.

I on the other hand use plastic fliptops from MidwayUSA.

Sent from my THRIVE using Tapatalk2.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Factory ammo stays in factory containers.

Reloads go into ammo cans after being inspected and counted. I'll load up a Dillon 100rd plastic box, inspect for high primers, dump into can. At the range or a match, I only take ammo out of the can 100 at a time to fill the plastic boxes, so I always know how much I have in the can, and it's always a multiple of 100.

I do have a box or two of "pocket change" ammo. This is mixed caliber, reload, factory, everything. Some how I always end up with ammo in my pockets after a day at the range. I need to sit down one day and pull all of them, since I don't have a clue what they are.

Top Bottom