Ammo May Be Back?

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Found this video last night. It was posted about six days ago. Maybe the ammo shortage is coming to an end? Hopeful news if true.

Fishkiller

Well-Known
Jul 22, 2019
Frederickburg
Not here in the big town. Back during the last shortage in 2013 or 2014 I inspected an ammo plant in Idaho. They were producing 1 million 22 rounds per day. And you still could not find it on the shelves. Hoarders will hoard and til that stops the "shortage" will continue.

Royalecheese

Apr 6, 2017
Remington production will help, but I'm going to guess it will still be the end of summer or heading into late fall before store shelves begin to hold product for more than a few hours. I would love to be wrong about that and have the stores filled to the ceiling by July, but thousands of new gun owners and the wackiness coming out of DC only help throw fuel on the fire to keep buying anything and everything.

One of the few reassuring things I see is many ammo auctions on gunbroker for popular calibers like 9mm and .223 ending with zero bids. Gunbroker is always overpriced, but this tells me parts of the market could be swinging back toward equilibrium or many people have tired of paying stupid prices which in turn should drive the price down a bit on the secondary market, and in turn help keep more product on the shelves.

One can hope.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
My gun show buyer is backing off of 5.56 and 12 ga ammo. Definitely a sign that some calibers are catching up. At one point he was buying slugs and buckshot from me at $2/Rd and somehow still had room to profit. The 22 drought will probably last the longest imo. No reasonable person is going to reload those.

TX oddball

Jan 20, 2021
DFW
It is a given that supply will eventually come back. But as far as pricing, IMO we're in a whole new era. The ammo companies have watched the public eat up $50 boxes of 9mm. The days of $8.99 boxes of 9mm (my price mere days before the Covid panic in early 2020) are long gone.

Txhillbilly

Aug 2, 2008
North Texas
Prices will reflect what the buyer's are willing to pay. If it ever gets back to shelves being stocked deep for long periods of time at higher prices, then the prices will come down.

It all comes down to supply and demand.

The sad thing is it will happen again, and again down the road. And the same people that cry and whine about not having ammo will be at it again because they never can learn to stock up when supplies are abundant.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads