• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My gun show buyer is backing off of 5.56 and 12 ga ammo. Definitely a sign that some calibers are catching up. At one point he was buying slugs and buckshot from me at $2/Rd and somehow still had room to profit. The 22 drought will probably last the longest imo. No reasonable person is going to reload those.

Easy there... I load .22 lr
    Guns International

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's fun, and I dot have to seat primers!

Why am I justifying myself to axxe of all people?
    :banghead:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Something interesting I just noticed that apparently happened overnight... Federal's website increased the number of boxes you can get per order for handgun ammo to 4 boxes (assuming they are in stock). For the longest time the majority of their handgun calibers had a 2 box limit. It's where I have been getting my 9mm practice ammo instead of fighting off the troglodytes camping out at Academy.

While I had not looked at their rifle ammo in a while, many of those are at 10 or more boxes per order. Not that I want to spend $2+ a round, but at least it seems there's more availability in that area too.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore VERY briefly had primers in stock today. They were of course, overpriced at $99 per 1000.

The fact that they even had them is a good sign though. The ammo manufacturers wouldn't let those make it to stores unless they were starting to get a surplus of them.

Maybe this thing will be over sooner than we thought.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    I have a case of 9mm (brass, not steel) per month in our budget. Been buying cases for five straight months and I’ve paid as little as $519. (at the beginning) to $599 (last night’s purchase). It’s something we live with and now I have a nice quantity for myself.

Thats an outrageous price, but good on you for having the means.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Screenshot_20210524-172544_Chrome.jpg

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    While it still isn’t great, and I miss the old prices, I can hit up Federal’s site and find 9mm, 45, and even .380 in stock at least once a week. Academy and Scheels is coming around too. I feel like using a Potterism to describe the gist of the article.

159D84A4-E911-492F-BE0F-B59A08746882.gif

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    While it still isn’t great, and I miss the old prices, I can hit up Federal’s site and find 9mm, 45, and even .380 in stock at least once a week. Academy and Scheels is coming around too. I feel like using a Potterism to describe the gist of the article.

View attachment 257936
    I've been watching the Federal Premium sight for a while now. They have had American Eagle 9mm 124 gr and 115 gr available now for 5 days straight. Limit 4 boxes now. It was two boxes. But they have raised the price two times in as many months. On 1 Apr, it went from $23 per box to $27 per box. Today, this morning, it went up to $29 a box plus tax and shipping. I was hoping with more availability, the prices would start to drop, but their prices are still going up.

Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just got 4 boxes of the .44 magnum JHP from the Federal ammo site. $70 a box of 50. New gun must have some ammo on hand for it.

Last edited:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I've been watching the Federal Premium sight for a while now. They have had American Eagle 9mm 124 gr and 115 gr available now for 5 days straight. Limit 4 boxes now. It was two boxes. But they have raised the price two times in as many months. On 1 Apr, it went from $23 per box to $27 per box. Today, this morning, it went up to $29 a box plus tax and shipping. I was hoping with more availability, the prices would start to drop, but their prices are still going up.
    There was mention several months back that Speer/Federal/CCI, as well as Winchester and Hornaday were increasing their prices in May or June. It looks like everyone did it at the same time too. Not that I’d want to stir the pot, but if I were a lawyer I’d almost scream collusion.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There was mention several months back that Speer/Federal/CCI, as well as Winchester and Hornaday were increasing their prices in May or June. It looks like everyone did it at the same time too. Not that I’d want to stir the pot, but if I were a lawyer I’d almost scream collusion.
    ]
    Or inflation. The place you really see inflation is in any hard commodity. And we are seeing it in materials across the board. Building, manufacturing , etc. Ammo is no exception.

Top Bottom