• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Suck it up cupcake. It's brave new world out there!

Some say its a new world but I've run into this ammo shortage several times the last 25 years. The ammo buyers never learn, they just keep stocking up on ammo and leaving me without. I keep complaining about it but they respond with lies, like "if the idiot your dumbass voted for wouldn't threaten gun control, ammo prices would be affordable" I'm unable to grasp the concept of being prepared and not voting for gungrabbers. So I just complain about not having ammo every few years.
    Lynx Defense

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    I EVEN live in CALI, AND have not run out of anything, 22lr, nor reloaded caliber components... yet.

IT'S ALWAYS A PLAGUE AGAINST FIREARM OWNERS AND AMMO HERE, and NOT MY FIRST RODEO.

I bought Small Mag pistol primers and various projectiles, just last year, for regular prices.

Hell, I even traded some components out for some powder, and that trade was at pre-panic values for a perfect deal for both parties involved.
    Don't wait for a panic lean times, or fat times money is wasted on iPhones, iPads, iTunes, and new cars instead of Android devices and reloading equipment... :D

Malice of Forethought... :beat:

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I've ran into some of these prepared people before. I met a guy who bought a bunch of 9mm in '01. I asked him to buy some and the selfish jerk offered to part with his property for the current rate. I wanted him to sell for the price he bought for years ago.

Off topic, if anyone knows folk selling waterfront property in the Austin area for what they paid 40 years ago let me know. I'm looking.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    So I was at Bass Pro at the Rim in SA. They had 5.56 - 200 round packs for $120/ 150 round packs of .223 for $85. Both was 55 grain fmj. Also had shotgun shells but dang the low priced ones were almost $10. Box. Or $94 a case. They did have a lot of cases
    Also several hunting rounds but no 9 mm

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I've ran into some of these prepared people before. I met a guy who bought a bunch of 9mm in '01. I asked him to buy some and the selfish jerk offered to part with his property for the current rate. I wanted him to sell for the price he bought for years ago.

Off topic, if anyone knows folk selling waterfront property in the Austin area for what they paid 40 years ago let me know. I'm looking.
    I am looking for pure gold at $35 an ounce too.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Something to keep in mind is the tremendous amount of ammo that commercial manufacturers put out and quality required. Sure beats my Dillion Square Deal for which I can't get primers. Bummer. Read more about how the big guys make ammo from this American Rifleman article.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Found this video last night. It was posted about six days ago. Maybe the ammo shortage is coming to an end? Hopeful news if true.

Since your Apr posting I have noticed via Ammoseek.com 9mm has come down from $.40 per round to 29.9 and 33.3 cents for steel and brass case respectively. Getting closer to the $0.17 per brass case round I bought in 2019.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Buy a box or a truck.:twin:

Attachments

• 35ee3389-ad66-4c46-82ab-7d0891349a52.png
      35ee3389-ad66-4c46-82ab-7d0891349a52.png
      31.2 KB · Views: 69

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    When I was at Academy in Arlington around 1:00 today, they had more ammo than I had seen there in well over a year.
    Picked up 4 100 round boxes of 9mm.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Ammo “is” back more so some places than others. One example is Ables has probably 60-65 % of what they normally have. Prices are still a bit high.
    Most Acadamys have a pretty good selection at different times.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Addendum to previous post. I was able to get 4 boxes of 100 rounds 9mm, but it's about 40% higher price than I paid 18 months ago.
    It was 36.99 per box. I used to get it for 24.99 I think.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Yes, it's stocked on the shelves a lot more than it was but it's still overpriced. I will be waiting a while longer before I buy any of it.

Top Bottom