• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I’m a big joker about being a neck beard but I might sell the 1000rd of monarch 9mm I have for an emergency. Are y’all really hurting? Pm me

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I wonder if those auction prices are real, or people inflating with fake bids to make people believe that's the going price?
    Shill bids are not out of the realm of possibility, but that could turn into a costly game if one were to get greedy and they wind up winning their own auction and have to pay the fees on top of not selling. Now I suppose you get some sellers who list for .01 and possibly shill bid it up to a price that at least they feel they aren't going to lose money. But I highly doubt those big money bids are shills overall.

A bigger problem currently on GB are NR (not rated) members shotgun bidding a bunch of auctions with high maximums and then cherry picking the auctions they want to actually buy and simply not paying for the ones they don't. This leaves many sellers in a position to go after their fees through the non-paying bidder process. It's not an overnight process.

NR's doing this have always been an issue, same for out right scammers, but they are through the roof right now.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    These crazy prices would go down pretty quick if Academy and the other retailers would raise their prices to match the neckbeard's prices. Then the services of the people that are paid "to stand in line" would no longer be profitable. And as the neckbeard's prices go down the retailers would lower their prices so they are competitive with other retailers.

I know that there are other factors involved in the shortage. But the neckbeards play a big role in it.
    Wrong.

Buyers would just buy at store prices until unavailable, then get desperate and buy from a reseller at an even crazier price.

Until the supply of ammo is high enough for the majority of people to be able to reliably get ammo off the shelf, resellers will be able to easily make a profit by having ammo available.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    You can still find ammo at “decent” prices... just gotta be quick to jump. Like I just got another 360 7.62x39 for $150... def not precovid prices, but not terrible.

considering selling some of my name brand 9mm since I have about 2000 rounds I’ve reloaded in last month to buy other ammo

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Fiancé’s dad said he would give me a brick of sp, sr, lr primers from his stash but I’d have to drive to south Florida... at this rate considering it since bricks were going for $500 at gun show last weekend

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe the ammo is the same value, but the value of your money dropped that much... In the next four years that will probably a little too true.

Saw something that said 60% of the money in circulation was “printed” last year. I know some is destroyed and replaced each year, but there’s a lot of extra cash in the market now that’s backed by nothing. Inflation is gonna hit hard with all of this stimulus spending. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see prices of everything go way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    You are correct, Sir! The last few will be worth a whole lot more...to you!
    LOL, I aint selling or shooting much. Just trying to find some small pistol primers or 38 Special ammo.
    I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I know what it is like to not be able to do what you were once able to.
    Thanks, getting my wheelchair really gave me a new lease on life. Going to go to the range today and shoot some of my stash then head home and start processing some brass to clean and reload.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Added another 4k rounds of 5.56 and 1k of 7.62x39.
    PXL_20210123_160718499.jpg

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Ammo is gone, primers too and brass is running scared. I decided to buy all of the crossbow bolts around here just in case things get real Medieval! Sling shots are next. What next? I have a Civil War cannon in my living room. Makes alot of noise! Made at Fort Pitt foundry in 1862. Might come in handy?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom