Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As of 10 minutes ago, a neighbor texted that the Tomball Academy had plenty of 9mm ammo. No prices given.
    Target Sports

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    I’ll be stocking up on PVC pipe, spray paint, and lighters.... just resort to potato guns... maybe buy a bucket of 500 golf balls as ammo

Ammo is gone, primers too and brass is running scared. I decided to buy all of the crossbow bolts around here just in case things get real Medieval! Sling shots are next. What next? I have a Civil War cannon in my living room. Makes alot of noise! Made at Fort Pitt foundry in 1862. Might come in handy?

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Factory ammo is readily available all day long for a bit less then $2.60 a round, though a bit more then most people here would buy it for.

Seemingly, but I bet it most likely are just burning through their inventory so fast when it actually does come in that you miss it. I'm talking about a timeframe of maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops. Add to that, that when it does actually come in stock it's either early morning, late night or in the middle of a weekday when most people are working.
    Amen. I have in stock alerts at several on line vendors for various calibers. Most of the time when I get an email alert and log in or call it is already out of stock. Once in a while I get lucky.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Can I get a BIG AMEN?
    Living in The People's Republic of Illinois is a severe challenge if buying for out of state vendors. Restrictions put in place by Commissar Prickster over a year ago put most of the gun shops here out of business. Also that put out of state supplier unable to ship to Illinois residents. I was fortunate and just dumb luck to purchase the entire contents of a shop that had been in business for 49 years. NO GUNS! Just too much hassle. Almost everything else in inventory I bought. Ammo, powder, brass bullets,, primers, cleaning gear, parts, shells, even stuff I do not use. No display cabinets or racks. There was a lot but much had been sold prior to their closing Almost two years ago. I am still sorting this junk out.... kinda like Christmas...... lol

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Can I get a BIG AMEN?
    Living in The People's Republic of Illinois is a severe challenge if buying for out of state vendors. Restrictions put in place by Commissar Prickster over a year ago put most of the gun shops here out of business. Also that put out of state supplier unable to ship to Illinois residents. I was fortunate and just dumb luck to purchase the entire contents of a shop that had been in business for 49 years. NO GUNS! Just too much hassle. Almost everything else in inventory I bought. Ammo, powder, brass bullets,, primers, cleaning gear, parts, shells, even stuff I do not use. No display cabinets or racks. There was a lot but much had been sold prior to their closing Almost two years ago. I am still sorting this junk out.... kinda like Christmas...... lol

You may be a millionaire and not know it.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Unloaded a case of wolf gold 223 for $800 yesterday to a guy who traveled from lousyanna to buy ammo.
    Have another sale for 600 set up today
    I don't use much 5.56 or 223 ammo any more. I pulled all of the bullets and dumped the powder. Then cut and reformed the brass for .300 Whisper. Didn't like the .5.56 in Vietnam.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    You may be a millionaire and not know it.
    Billionaire not hardly. I wholesaled all of the stuff I didn't want to recover some of my expenses. (holsters grips, and assorted other junk. I was after the reloading supplies and ammo especially 7.62x51/308 Win. and 30.06. I have to have food for my two 1919a4 Browning pieces. Obama Zombies might be on the move?

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I wasn't looking to "stock up" at the time. I have been a very long time close friend of the family owned business. Over the years I had spent thousands in their store and was sad to see them go. The least I could do before their business closed was to buy what was left. I opened my mouth before I actually knew what there was. I was surprised to see what was out of sight. But I offered and had to put my money where my mouth was and they did give me a heck of a deal. In 2019, $19.5K bought a lot. The wife was not too happy with me. Two pick-up truck loads, four guys and along afternoon to get it stacked in my basement. I have not made a full count on the loaded ammo yet. One concern at the time was to secure ammo to feed both of my belt fed Browning 1919a4s. One is a Colt made in 1942 in 30-o6 the other one started life as a .30-06 and was converted by the Navy to 7.62 NATO. Was made by General Motors, Saginaw Steering Gear in 1944. So if SHTF I can hit back. Got rid of most all of the 5.56 and .30 Carbine ammo. Still have lots of 9mm ball including Israeli "Blue" UZI ammo. It is kinda fun especially now.

DallasCMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    The problem is all the money grabbers lining up outside the stores, running in when it opens, buying up all they can grab, then selling it online for a mark up. Please stop!

Top Bottom