• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    I spoke with the manager of the gun counter at my local Academy today who said his Winchester rep had been in and was saying there may be an ammo shortage later this summer because the banks weren't lending enough money to big box buyers to purchase large quantities of ammo. He had zero 40 cal. in as of now...
    Texas SOT

mjohnson6565

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Something else s going on... There are selling out as soon as they get shipment. So stores would find a way to by more if more was available.

Another thing to note is that wholesalers are out of handguns.. almost every brand , every caliber of semi-auto hand gun out out of stock.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Big retail like most business lives and breaths on credit, and for anyone that's been sleeping the last 6 months, lending has been a bit of an issue for business. It's the #1 driver behind businesses that have failed or just closed up, and construction that's sitting not doing anything. It's not always easy to see, especially in most places in Texas where local economies are fairly healthy, but if you look, you'll see the aftermath of the credit problems.

schertztx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    I was just at the academy in san antonio at 1604/281N and they must have just gotten in a shipment of ammo. They had LOTS of 5.56/223 7.62X39 5.45, and most all other rifle calibers. They had in four different kinds of 9mm, and several kinds of .45 including two different brands of 100 count boxes.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I was just at the academy in san antonio at 1604/281N and they must have just gotten in a shipment of ammo. They had LOTS of 5.56/223 7.62X39 5.45, and most all other rifle calibers. They had in four different kinds of 9mm, and several kinds of .45 including two different brands of 100 count boxes.

Tell them to ship it to the Temple Academy, they have nothing.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I purchased 300 rounds 9mm at my local (rockport) wally world bout a week ago, 2 weeks before that i picked up 400 rounds 9mm in corpus off greenwood. Today my wife picked up 700 rounds .380 at walmart in corpus off greenwood. Clerk told her people are driving in from San antonio for ammo

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Good pick up TxEMTP69...I need to start stocking up again as soon as I get back from California...I typically make early morning visits to Walmart and have great luck!

garza1290

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Texas
    Here in my neck of the woods the Wal Marts and Academy's usually have better selections in the mornings. I can't make it every day but try at least every other day if possible.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Good pick up TxEMTP69...I need to start stocking up again as soon as I get back from California...I typically make early morning visits to Walmart and have great luck!

I couldn't beleive she found it in the afternoon, was a real good find. Have a safe trip to Cali...

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    I work for the big box retailer and credit has nothing to do with what we order or can get in ammowise. I have given up finding it locally. Buy online, the prices are better so that makes up for the S&H. And you can find some instock!

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I've not been able to find comparable prices to Wally's Value pack WWBs (in 9mm or .45)

$19.97 for 100 9mm
    $29.97 for 100 .45

Even buying 500 or 1000 quantities can't beat that price per bullet. I refuse to use Russian total crap. I've actually seen Blazer Brass 9mm for $8.99 / 50 @ Wally but I prefer WWB.

My local Walmart has been picked over of 9mm for the past month or so. On Friday I was able to get two WWB .45 value packs.

Can someone please tell me where online I can get speer/federal/blazer/wwb/remington/or similar quality for less than that?

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Academy out again!!!

Local W. Marts (Frisco/Plano area) have been out of almost any kind of pistol ammo for at least the last two or three months. About two weeks ago my wife and i went to Academy and bought about $140.00 worth of ammo in mostly 9mm, some 45 and 40 caliber. They had plenty so we really didn't stock up much.
    Today I was down close to Academy so decided to drop in and pick up a few hundred, or so more, just as a small reserve. They had no fmj 9mm, only expensive hp and the same with 40 caliber and no 45 caliber.
    They said they had quite a bit a few days ago but someone came in and bought it all.:(
    I walked out empty handed and cussing liberals for creating this mess (among many other messes) under my breath!:banghead:

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Anytime something goes wrong in my life, I always blame a liberal. They always talk about bipartisan efforts but, as a conservative we must leave our ideas and values at the door when we work with them. Its BS.

I was at the wally world in CP they had some 9, 357 mag, and I think 45 acp.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Did your hat set off the alarms as you walked out?

Somehow I don't think that blaming the current gang of liberals running (or ruining) our country is tin foil hat worthy or very far fetched. Do you honestly think if McCain (not my favorite, but my only, choice) had been in The White House we would be having people so concerned about availability of ammo and certain types of firearms that they are hoarding them?
    If you are one of the lemmings that voted that liberal twit into power, all I can say is, thanks a lot! I just hope we can survive the next four years with as little damage done as possible!

Top Bottom