>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ammunition Accountability Act
    > Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it
    > seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with
    > taking your ammo!
    >
    > The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including TN, Illinois and Indiana
    > ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all
    > ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody
    > can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.
    >
    > Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.
    > (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every
    > round! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!
    >
    > Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Reps!
    >
    > It's the ammo, not the guns....
    > I've said for a long time that they wouldn't go for your guns,
    > they'd go for your ammo... guns have a Constitutional protection. Ammo does
    > not. A list of states where this legislation is pending is in the final
    > paragraph. Not in CO yet, they'll go where the pansies are first.
    >
    > Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United
    > States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Let your state Legislatures
    > know that we do not want this bill passed, and petition them to vote no on this
    > bill. We should keep after them until the bill is closed by bombarding them with
    > e-mails, phone calls, and letters.
    >
    > Get to all your politicians to get to work and NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! The
    > 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition
    > Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below
    > is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:
    >
    > Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky,
    > Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode
    > Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.
    >
    > More information can be found at:
    > www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm
    > www.ammunitionaccounta...lation.htm

>No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in
    > session. Mark Twain (1866)

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    I don't think we can really pin this on Obama. Probably more a result of organizations like the Brady Campaign.

Here is just a few of the introduced state legislation..

apps.leg.wa.gov/docume...s/3359.pdf

www.scstatehouse.gov/s...s/1259.htm

www.rilin.state.ri.us/.../s2742.pdf

www.legis.state.pa.us/...28&pn=3188

www.njleg.state.nj.us/...490_I1.PDF

So far, despite years of attempts at this, it does not appear to have passed anywhere. Time will tell. Thankfully, they don't appear to be trying in Texas yet.. But if Texas becomes one of a few, or the only state that does not have these requirements, prices will go up anyway...

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    This has been brought up before, in fact, you are the fifth person.

It has been posted here:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/4387-has-started-ammo-control.html
    and here on the first page of this forum:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/4342-has-anyone-seen.html
    Here:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...ing-proposed-control-you-your-ammunition.html
    and here on the second page (ironically sharing the same title as your thread):
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/3538-ammunition-accountability-act.html

And this is the results page from the search function we have available putting all 4 previous threads on this subject in one convenient place for you:
    Texas Gun Talk - Search Results

Not trying to be rude, but these repeat threads are becoming quite prevalent these days and grow tiresome. Please use the search function or at the very least scroll down the page a little and read some threads to see if it has been posted.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Chris??

Shall I use your words.... "you are going to get beat on for the repost". "Repost.........is older than LP" "lol, this is a repost from over a year ago..Yikes" :p

For some reason this is getting more and more momentum in forum postings and email and the only ones that can be gaining anything from it are the paranoid or the bored trying to get people paranoid.

All the info you see on their site it over a year old and goes back several years.

The short and long of it is, that site Ammunition Accountability Home is owned by the company (couple of guys) that hold the patents (thus have a munch of money invested they'd like to recoup) to the process. They had committed to make that visible on both the company site and that site but have yet to make an attempt. Obviously people might think and realize that "movement" was nothing more than to try to make money. Go figure.

They started out going to the ammo manufactures and try to sell the process and as you'd expect, they all said thanks, but no thanks. They had to do something, so they hired Lobbyists to start working States to try to get a bill passed so they could still sell their process. Tells you somehting about the Legislators that sponsored it. Many pulled their support; likely after they realized they'd been sucked in. It either sat with no action or died with no votes of flat got killed in session. Even California killed it.

From the looks of what you posted, apparently it's getting a face lift and being emailed now. I wish we could find the people doing this. It would benefit anti-gun people more to circulate this kind of crap to get people stirred up and not focus on the real stuff brewing in State and Federal legislation.

Texas has some important issues we need to make our voices heard on.

We don't need to freak out about ammo serialization for the general public. LE and Military I think have found isolated applications for it but getting an ammo manufacture to do it for them, while is possible, won't be cheap.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Well since I'm at this post I will say this. I will not destroy any of my ammo before 2011, if they want to come check which will never happen as I won't let them on my property, warrant or no warrant, its a breech of 2nd amendment rights. Sure I will destroy my ammunition at that time they try and take it by filling them full of my fired ammunition.

I've fought for this country, those morons in Washington DC will not get my weapons or my ammo.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Um, sorry. Im new:1zhelp:

I know, and I assure you I wasn't trying to make an issue of it. I was merely trying to encourage a little research before posting threads that are in the news or come from email sources as there is always a chance that someone has already seen/received it and posted before you got the chance.

I apologize if my post came across wrong as it was not intended to be an attack or even ridicule towards you. We were all new at some point.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    No problem.

I know, and I assure you I wasn't trying to make an issue of it. I was merely trying to encourage a little research before posting threads that are in the news or come from email sources as there is always a chance that someone has already seen/received it and posted before you got the chance.

I apologize if my post came across wrong as it was not intended to be an attack or even ridicule towards you. We were all new at some point.

No, no, no, no, there is no reason to take it easy on him! Give him all the crap you want to. He deserves it, and if he doesn't deserve it right now, he will at some point really soon.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Well since I'm at this post I will say this. I will not destroy any of my ammo before 2011, if they want to come check which will never happen as I won't let them on my property, warrant or no warrant, its a breech of 2nd amendment rights. Sure I will destroy my ammunition at that time they try and take it by filling them full of my fired ammunition.

I've fought for this country, those morons in Washington DC will not get my weapons or my ammo.

Um, ok so knowing that this issues is pretty much dead as old dog doodie, why would you defend something that doesn't and won't exist? :p

That's the kind of distracting the "anti's" need and start, to keep their momentum going.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    No, no, no, no, there is no reason to take it easy on him! Give him all the crap you want to. He deserves it, and if he doesn't deserve it right now, he will at some point really soon.
    Why dont you open a can of Shut the hell up, big boy! LOL I realize I made a mistake....I should have just had Jim-a-pedia/snopes proof it for me first

Top Bottom