• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Just cutting to the chase: I'm looking primarily for 9mm target - is there anybody in the area that can beat CTD on target ammo? (I'm not into 'roll your own' - don't have the time/desire/money to pick up that hobby). Also don't mean for this to turn into a discussion on the pros & cons of Russian ammo. Just looking where to buy retail (or in bulk) without have to sacrifice my first born son for shipping charges. Are there any shooting clubs in the area that would let an "outsider" chip in on a bulk ammo purchase from time-to-time?
    DK Firearms

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    Dude Walmart has bulk winchester white box for 22 per 100 rounds... That's 220 a 1000 with no shipping...

I love it when a plan comes together...

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Walmart, as much as i hate em they do have ammo at very good prices.
    And just a thought - most ranges at least around here require brass case ammo.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I watch for Sportsman's Guide to have sales and free shipping coupons then I buy a crap load of it. AIM Surplus has good deals sometimes too. For when you're just buying a box here and there, it's hard to beat Walmart.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    THANKS guys! (very helpful)
    Especially Texas42 for the recommendation for Weapons World; already put an order in with them. I did the 1K rds for $0.20 per round thing (incl shipping); new loads with brass casing (not that that matters a whole lot to me since at least half my shooting is at my own place). Their price was less than 12 bucks more than what CTD would have cost for TulAmmo (for the same quantity, once sales tax is charged). I wasn't familiar with a few of the other sites and several of them were certainly within the "competetive range" - I think the CCI Blazers were next least expensive from Palmetto State Armory - mainly because they apparently have them on sale and their shipping isn't too bad($). And yes, I do agree that a stop at Wally World isn't the end of life on this planet as we know it - especially if you're just picking up the odd box or two of ammo. But I'm more in line with those who kinda like to find a good deal and then load up (depending on just how good the deal is).
    About ammotogo.com - I ordered from them once & it was a good experience however, they're in Texas so I got hit with both Shipping AND Sales Tax. It's very rare that their prices are sufficiently low enough to overcome BOTH of those costs. In fact I don't usually check them on a routine bases unless I am getting ready to "stock up" in a big sorta way. Anyway, THANKS every body - good input!

chessplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Odessa, Texas
    Dude Walmart has bulk winchester white box for 22 per 100 rounds... That's 220 a 1000 with no shipping...

I love it when a plan comes together...

I guess I should re-check, but the last time I looked at our local walmart prices it was more like $.32 per round, and i'm personally shooting 380, and my gun doesn't like white-box.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Re: Ammunition pricing? Cabellas Keller

Cabellas has some good In-Store specials from time to time. I have been using the Keller store. For last few months they have had S&B 115 9mm and/or MFS Brass 115 9mm for under $10. Both of these are execellent ammo for range use, CIP standards, brass cases and brass bullet jackets.

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Walmart WWB is like $22 for 100 rds 9mm. It's a pretty hard to beat deal in those quantities. You may be able to get as low as $180 for 1000 rds online.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Free shipping is great but they usually make it up in the price of the ammo. So what you'll need to do is price compare and factor in shipping charges where necessary. Lots of good deals out there if you're willing to do the leg work and some quick simple math.

Here's a couple of links I find helpful...

Both of these offer free shipping
    Ammo at great prices. Free shipping on all orders of ammunition
    AMMOMAN.COM d/b/a Discount Distributors

Here's a web crawler that researches pricing and changes daily.
    AmmoEngine: 9mm / 9x19mm Parabellum (Luger), Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney

No shipping but sales tax (I tend to look at the total out-of-pocket costs on things like this). My WalMart had the 100-rd box for more like $23 a box and once you added sales tax (to either your price or mine), it comes up to 0.24 - 0.25 per round. But I'd have to agree, it ain't too bad. The local Walmart had the fifty round box for $13.47; my local CTD had the 50-rd box for $11.83 and Cabela's had it for $14.99. [All this compares apples&apples: all Winchester White Box 9mm/115-gr/FMJ]

But the order I placed was for 124-gr RWS (German) ammo at 0.20 per round (delivered) - so that's a savings of between $40-$50 (and for better quality ammo than white box - at least IMHO for use primarily in a Glock 19).

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney

Yep, but their shipping is about $28 while the site that Texas42 recommended ships for $10.

I've seen usaammo before and while they're currently showing the 9mm as NEW - that's not always the case since they're also a big reloader company kinda like the BVAC ammo that CTD sells. [Nothing against that as long as their Quality Control is there...and it appears to be]

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom