• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I just think that Amy's confirmation and swearing in is great for America!

Talking about Aaron Lewis in another thread made me think of this song. Now mind you, I'm not a big country music fan, but at his concert I listened to the words and all I could do was nod my head. I think ACB will help us keep our God and Guns:

Pretty danged good! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed hearing that song. I will have to check him out some more.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's ok, because Aaron Lewis isn't a country singer ;)

Still has some great tunes though.
    If you listened to that tune, one certainly wouldn't call it rock and roll. Plus I might ad, his song "Country Boy" went platinum in country music years ago.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you listened to that tune, one certainly wouldn't call it rock and roll. Plus I might ad, his song "Country Boy" went platinum in country music years ago.
    Staind most definitely wasn't a country band. Metal or alt metal band. That's where he came from.

That said they always go country when they grow up. Lol

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I was a big Staind fan and only recently found out Aaron Lewis was the same dude who I now enjoy as a country singer.

He’s got pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was a big Staind fan and only recently found out Aaron Lewis was the same dude who I now enjoy as a country singer.

He’s got pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had heard of the band Staind, and Aaron Lewis but didn't know there was a connection between the two. Very interesting. Learn new things every day here on the forum.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    From the quotes in the news, it appears they are not going after Barrett so much as they are going after the republicans, saying that the republicans are trying to "pack the court", or "ram through a Justice no matter the covid risks" or "spending time on Barrett while ignoring real problems in America" -- that kind of BS.

A lot of democrat emphasis in attacking Trump is on climate change, which could be good for us. Clowns like Warren have been saying that Trump will kill every living thing on Earth; Noam Chomsky said the same thing, republicans are trying to murder everyone because we aren't shutting down the planet to prevent climate change.

Well, Bill Gates was just in the news a few days ago, with the latest studies from the covid shutdown. We stopped the planet to the tune of a 90% reduction in air and car travel, and other huge reductions in manufacturing and mining and logging so massive that even the skies over China cleared up. Well, it turns out that even if we made that the "new normal", it would put only a minor dent in what is needed to prevent further climate change or reverse it.

Bill Gates said it himself -- shutting down the planet will not work, not even close. We need "breakthrough innovations" he said, across multiple industries. IOW, live your life normally, because nothing you do can move the needle enough -- it's going to take some techno-magic to fix this problem.
    I tell people exactly that. Nothing we do is going to change the climate. This planet goes through ice ages and through warm cycles. It has been doing it since there was a climate.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He grew up in Vermont or New Hampshire I think, so Country-ish? The only thing I don't like about his Country music career is his fake twang.

Kinda like Garth Brooks.
    Ya the elvis killer is definitely fake. Lol

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    He grew up in Vermont or New Hampshire I think, so Country-ish? The only thing I don't like about his Country music career is his fake twang.

Kinda like Garth Brooks.
    I didn't know that if you grew up in other states, you couldn't be country. That's about like saying real rodeos aren't in the north. Tell that to Pendleton, Ore. or Calgary, Canada.

All I can say is that Aaron's father was a country musician, so he grew up country. Rock was his rebellion.

Top Bottom