• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He's a great writer, too. Check out his Monster Hunter book series (four of them so far). Well-written, fast-paced and you can tell he knows guns when you read them (helps that they're gun-heavy).

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Very excellent read! This is something I will share with family, friends, and also post on a few other forums.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Thanks for the post. It was a nice, if long, read.

Let me relate a little bit of the gun culture topic. I was talking with a police officer in dispatch one day. Curious, I asked what the city issues for a handgun. He said it was a Glock. I clarified my question. No, what calibre? Oh, it is a .357, he said. .357 Sig, I responded. Good choice. He answered back, no it's a Glock.

Just because the carpenter has a hammer, does not mean he knows anything about it. This officer of whom I speak carried a gun but obviously knew nothing of the weapon. Conversely, I had an hour long chat with a Dallas police officer about the weapons theybwere alowed to use and the senseless rules about which ones they could not. The Dallas officer was well versed on the the tools of his trade. If I needed such assistance, the Dallas officer is the one I want for backup.

wralyn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm glad he pointed out the one thing that is missing in most discussions on 2nd Amendment rights...it doesn't say anything about hunting. It breaks my heart everytime I hear someone throw out the line about "who needs 30 rounds to kill a deer." Well...nobody should. But when the U.S. military gets overrun by the combined forces of China, Russia, N. Korea, and half of the Muslim countries, we will all be looking at our semi-auto "assault" rifles with 30 round magazines and thinking WTF! We'll all be hoping to pick up a full-auto AK from our invading counterparts.

Top Bottom