Guns International

An Unusual Side Effect Of The Pandemic: Speeding?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Power Nation had an article about the virus keeping the roads less populated so more people are SPEEDING?

In Ohio, there has been a 61% increase in 100+ mph speeding tickets. The problem isn’t just speeding tickets. Ohio saw 154 traffic fatalities in July. The highest on record since 2007.

I guess this is where the increase in Corona deaths ocured and this is why they attribute it and can get extra money related to the virus?
    The traffic death rate is higher because of the virus?
    Capitol Armory ad

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Oddly enough, this very issue came up as part of my work. We're assessing emerging risks for our next year audit risk cycle and these speeds increase the risk for greater severity automobile accidents/injuries. Compound the matter by no face to face contact with injured parties and potential for virtual jury trials makes the insurance risk landscape a bit uncertain.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I missed the early weeks of the 'Rona. Driving to work at triple digit speeds was not only common, but incredibly relaxing since nobody was on the freeway.
    I had to make a quick trip from Abilene, TX to Ratliff City, OK and back in late march. My average speed for the whole trip was 87.8 mph. Not bad considering there are lots of little towns between here and there that I had to drive through.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Most of the traffic around here seems to be driving at normal speeds, except when you get on the Interstate, different story. There's always someone. You know the guy. Traffic is all moving steady at about the same pace, and he is flying up behind, tailgating, changing lanes, weaving in and out, trying to get ahead of everybody.

Oops, no offense, LOL.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you don't have a NASCAR license you might want to avoid Lubbock.
    4ocvhh.jpg

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Most of the traffic around here seems to be driving at normal speeds, except when you get on the Interstate, different story. There's always someone. You know the guy. Traffic is all moving steady at about the same pace, and he is flying up behind, tailgating, changing lanes, weaving in and out, trying to get ahead of everybody.

Oops, no offense, LOL.
    Likely trying to get around the zero brain activity drivers camped in the left lane. You know the type, they're the ones who will blissfully ignore the "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY" signs while driving 68 mph in a 70.

1606763629068.png

Top Bottom