Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    not-fascism-when-we-do-it.bmp

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Sadly, I am not really surprised in the least bit that someone who hates our country and its values would try to twist the constitution to do his own bidding. I wonder how long until us gun nuts are locked up because there's a threat of us possibly maybe someday in the near to not-so-near future deciding to stand up for ourselves.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    It's NOT stunning at all. It's completely predictable. Obama didn't give up the executive powers afforded the president by the Patriot Act, which he venomously decried. He'll hang on to these powers and create more. Prolonged Detention is not limited to the detainees in Gitmo. Prolonged Detention will be applied to those deemed Domestic Terrorists by DHS. Just wait.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    It's NOT stunning at all. It's completely predictable. Obama didn't give up the executive powers afforded the president by the Patriot Act, which he venomously decried. He'll hang on to these powers and create more. Prolonged Detention is not limited to the detainees in Gitmo. Prolonged Detention will be applied to those deemed Domestic Terrorists by DHS. Just wait.
    And many of us are in all probability already on that list.
    In the words of an old sailor friend of mine - "Fukem and feed them fish heads and toss them over board - what the sharks don't want the crabs can have but at least they are below the water line"

cog41

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Texas

Oh yessiree. These folks are Evil.
    They'll do whatever to stay in power. I don't think we've nothing yet.

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    I think I'm OK with this. Yea it may be hypocritical but he's just refusing to let out the dirtbags that got caught with an AK47 out on the battlefield. I certainly don't want to pay for their lawyers. Bottom line is that its much more humane than the evil I'd have in store for them.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I think I'm OK with this. Yea it may be hypocritical but he's just refusing to let out the dirtbags that got caught with an AK47 out on the battlefield. I certainly don't want to pay for their lawyers. Bottom line is that its much more humane than the evil I'd have in store for them.

The problem here is not his position. I agree with his position on foreign terrorism. I even agree that we need to combat domestic terrorism, but I take issue with his definition. I agreed with his position before he admitted that it was his.

My problem is the fact that he claimed that he was going to close Gitmo, he denounced Bush's policies, he demonized the Patriot Act. Now he's embraced these policies and amplified them. He still claims this is not what he was doing and Bush was the devil himself.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    My problem is the fact that he claimed that he was going to close Gitmo, he denounced Bush's policies, he demonized the Patriot Act. Now he's embraced these policies and amplified them. He still claims this is not what he was doing and Bush was the devil himself.

Exactly! And Bush only detained those to be know terrorists. Obama didn't limit his comments to just terrorists. He left it open to ANYONE THEY felt were potentially harmful. That could be just about anyone. And he's proposing yet another governmental branch to oversee this without congressional oversight. Scary stuff.

One of the biggest talking points during the campaign was the Iraq war, and the surge. Obama denounced both, and when questioned about the effectiveness of the surge, he refused to acknowledge it was working, when all statistics pointed to great success. I can't remember the time-line, but it seems to me he said he would have all troupes out of Iraq in 9 months or there abouts. Well guess what, not only has he not removed any troupes, he has expanded the war into Afghanistan. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. I Can understand how people got duped into voting for him. He's a charismatic speaker, and his opposition (McCain) was weak. But why so many still are supportive of him escapes me.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    The problem here is not his position. I agree with his position on foreign terrorism. I even agree that we need to combat domestic terrorism, but I take issue with his definition. I agreed with his position before he admitted that it was his.

My problem is the fact that he claimed that he was going to close Gitmo, he denounced Bush's policies, he demonized the Patriot Act. Now he's embraced these policies and amplified them. He still claims this is not what he was doing and Bush was the devil himself.[/quote]

+1 If you realize you said some things without all the information and that the other guy was actually right, be a man and say so. Don't be a hypocrite and keep abusing the said problem while demonizing the other guy for doing what you do. The problem is he thinks it should be "do what I say, not what I do".

Top Bottom