• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Today I had the pleasure of taking my Grandson to the range. We shot the first gun my father had as a kid, the first gun I had, and the first gun my son ever shot. It's a Remington Model 24, manufactured in 1926, based on a John Browning patent from 1916, and chambered in .22 Short.
    e4apyhe9.jpg

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Good tradition indeed. Anything that can keep the youngsters involved in shooting is a great tradition.

I have yet to receive the first gun I shot with my father, but a few months ago he let me know that it was definitely going to be passed to me. I was all smiles even though it's nothing special to anyone else, it will be passed to my son.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Good tradition indeed. Anything that can keep the youngsters involved in shooting is a great tradition.

I have yet to receive the first gun I shot with my father, but a few months ago he let me know that it was definitely going to be passed to me. I was all smiles even though it's nothing special to anyone else, it will be passed to my son.

there's a lot of truth to that, and it starts with the introduction to firearms & shooting at an early age. I have had friends that have inherited their grandpas guns, and because they were never involved in shooting with the family I got a lot of, "you want this? If not, I'm gonna pawn it." So very sad......

Again, kudos to you and your family Bill, it does my heart good:flag:

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I had forgotten just how much fun it is to shoot. Browning was a genius. Ran about 130 rounds through it without a hitch. The down side is now I'm almost out of ammo. Saw some at a gun show last month for $12 a box! Are you kidding me? When I was a kid I could buy it for $.28 a box at a DRUG STORE! $3.17 at Wal-Mart but they never have any.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Awesome!!! I can't wait for my son to grow up to be able to shoot with me. Still have some years more until that happens.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom