• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Today I had the pleasure of taking my Grandson to the range. We shot the first gun my father had as a kid, the first gun I had, and the first gun my son ever shot. It's a Remington Model 24, manufactured in 1926, based on a John Browning patent from 1916, and chambered in .22 Short.
    e4apyhe9.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Good tradition indeed. Anything that can keep the youngsters involved in shooting is a great tradition.

I have yet to receive the first gun I shot with my father, but a few months ago he let me know that it was definitely going to be passed to me. I was all smiles even though it's nothing special to anyone else, it will be passed to my son.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Good tradition indeed. Anything that can keep the youngsters involved in shooting is a great tradition.

I have yet to receive the first gun I shot with my father, but a few months ago he let me know that it was definitely going to be passed to me. I was all smiles even though it's nothing special to anyone else, it will be passed to my son.

there's a lot of truth to that, and it starts with the introduction to firearms & shooting at an early age. I have had friends that have inherited their grandpas guns, and because they were never involved in shooting with the family I got a lot of, "you want this? If not, I'm gonna pawn it." So very sad......

Again, kudos to you and your family Bill, it does my heart good:flag:

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I had forgotten just how much fun it is to shoot. Browning was a genius. Ran about 130 rounds through it without a hitch. The down side is now I'm almost out of ammo. Saw some at a gun show last month for $12 a box! Are you kidding me? When I was a kid I could buy it for $.28 a box at a DRUG STORE! $3.17 at Wal-Mart but they never have any.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    Awesome!!! I can't wait for my son to grow up to be able to shoot with me. Still have some years more until that happens.

Top Bottom