ARJ Defense ad

And the Waiting Begins( First Suppressor Purchase)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The only thing stopping me from getting one is that I haven't settled yet. I like where I am now, but may not in a few years. If I move I dont want to jump through hoops and ask permission to bring it with me. I definitely want one though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The only thing stopping me from getting one is that I haven't settled yet. I like where I am now, but may not in a few years. If I move I dont want to jump through hoops and ask permission to bring it with me. I definitely want one though.
    From what I understand with suppressors that is not the case. I hunt in Arkansas and the “permission” form to travel there with it does not apply.

I believe it only applies if you move out of state, but I am not an expert

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

It’s just one form, and you simply send it in after you move. You don’t receive a response, so it’s super easy (assuming this link is correct):

https://www.silencercentral.com/silencer-purchase-moving-impact/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    First off, thank you Silencer Shop.

Justin was about as helpful as can be and walked me through the process in no time flat.

I went with a DeadAir Sandman-S for the Marlin Dark.

Now the waiting begins, lol.

Did you do all the paperwork or whatever through them?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Did you do all the paperwork or whatever through them?
    Yes. I went individual form 4. Whole thing was less than 20 minutes. Honestly took more time to explain the different suppressors and answer my questions about them than doing the paperwork. They literally handle the whole process.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yes. I went individual form 4. Whole thing was less than 20 minutes. Honestly took more time to explain the different suppressors and answer my questions about them than doing the paperwork. They literally handle the whole process.
    Thats awesome and thanks for sharing. I am still on the fence on getting one. I would love to have one for hunting but it seems like alot of extra bullshit just to own it

Wish the HPA would have passed but that ship has sailed.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thats awesome and thanks for sharing. I am still on the fence on getting one. I would love to have one for hunting but it seems like alot of extra bullshit just to own it

Wish the HPA would have passed but that ship has sailed.
    I too held out for the HPA. The process really was fast and painless( aside from the hit to the wallet, but buy once/cry once.
    Like someone else in this thread said:
    I am planning on buying another one as soon as I pick up this one, lol

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I too held out for the HPA. The process really was fast and painless( aside from the hit to the wallet, but buy once/cry once.
    Like someone else in this thread said:
    I am planning on buying another one as soon as I pick up this one, lol
    And you can go to any other state where suppressors are legal with it right? IE. Hunting in another state?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

I totally agree. Silencer Shop makes the process pain free. I bought my second can through them. The first was done by hand at The Range @ Austin...a complete PITA. The silver lining was that The Range allows you to use your can (at their range of course) while you wait on the ATF. I also got a good deal on the suppressor, an AAC Aviator 2 ($179.99). It's not modular and it's a bit longer than the newer cans out now but it does an excellent job making loud things quiet.
    For all the guys bitching about the wait....Yeah, it sucks, but it'll just take longer the more you put it off.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Update: After six weeks I decided to stop waiting on DeadAir to get the bugs worked out of their machining equipment( they moved to a new location and first batch of suppressors were out of spec) so I got the Sandman-L. $129 more but Silencer Shop had it in stock and since my stamp had not been assigned to a can yet, simple as paying the difference.
    NOW I officially have a can in jail.

Top Bottom